No Audiophiles Allowed

Which one are you ???

• Audiophile

Votes: 243 75.9%
  • Blast-Ophile

Votes: 77 24.1%

• Total voters

speakerlust

After reading this definition I realize that I am not an audiophile......
So then, what am I, I think that I am a Blast-O-Phile in that I like to blast
my music really loud and I prefer my music live.
I am just wondering if you read this definition if you are
an audiophile or a Bast-O-Phile like me ???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audiophile

Audiophile, and not ashamed of it. Though I carry my own definition (which, admittedly, is not too different from the one at the top of the Wiki link).

See, I wish that I was an audiophile but I am not. I wish that I could pretend
because I consider audiophiles more musically sophisticated than me, but alas, I am just a guy that likes really loud music with a strong beat and I prefer it live.

I'm just a dude that likes the music that I do and great sounding gear to play it with. Not sure what that "makes" me, doesn't really matter :)

Audiophile: from Latin audire "to hear" and Greek philos "loving" -does describe me (I think). The rest of the guff in the article...well, I don't know. But I love to hear stuff.

Audiophile: from Latin audire "to hear" and Greek philos "loving" -does describe me (I think). The rest of the guff in the article...well, I don't know. But I love to hear stuff.

I love to hear stuff too :)

Your new avatar is very nicely distracting...

I didn't realize I was breaking some rule about being an audiophile by listening to music loudly...oh well, I guess I'll stop...

Nah :)

I see the Awesome Mac Stacks and it give's me a woody... Then I look around at my system and think, "Hey, I could have had a V8" ??? ....
I do truly admire most of the audiophile systems that I have seen here....
They look like they mean some serious business.....Especially those Mac Mono-blocks.....BOING !!!

Audiophiles are people who seek to listen to music at a level of quality as close to the original live performance as possible. They use high-fidelity components to try and attain these goals. Most are music lovers who are passionate about high-quality music reproduction.

This describes me pretty well (even if the word makes me cringe).

Back
Top Bottom