No Oscar thread?

What's the matter with those Hollywood people? Oscar the Donkey is still waiting for his award!

uswm2ulfj7FRb4mM9bmKys2T7OaAF8JL9fdF2XBEWzHRs6C8lhM1JH_8TkluWd5Tn9ENaVUeBxB9sjkT3hJM6LOKqCThbAyHiHG9U4DurZ9Y7U9sLLhvvsO50pxJSb0dPIc7kXLCm6FrBoIW1JPBy8-Sb9JjcFAdOXrxMgPn4WCWWczGUjddbsAqlvdj36MHIb3b_-w-A9zGWSOpSYSZ-9_4HsWxAv6Bke6ZByOBJPFzt5tfTO_UvAN3YXKkNLOUepruglOjMfEdizAKPhBIpwHRvcT6xbIFG5eKc85cemvpdRBUVNXZYcZewvlmEcwDrWzasLCxxLrlp4RrzabWn-t-4K_MvPnznrAq7bBZ1Cq5SBdXf5m309Ful-Yjr1jA_NaifgE-MeF7KKUi25IfSHlcA6DPv0E9tG-TOJBWSgDna5PrFEYknnMBdm_oBUlFy1NYbuyfDzZNtsDdJpKdHwPESb6sol0AWr3sOr7y64sqXZzoTyTRGBatZDn2jPRoqMfbnZF8lgQyaAynBJR87fOrZxZ4xkF4uOkaeUSoYE6sVR4snOaT-cYzZqXb2h7IXV8K7z0_Ug5zfGDzfzhCDDSMKNFnR2f2Kw7L-4DLYQp7WBuIx_oa4qgNfYrfU2I322yVQY-tJ-73aVznhQ8qq6daug=w1092-h731-no
Oscar has my vote. :thumbsup:

I took the day off as I needed to burn some vacation time and woke up to "Good Morning America" and was hammered for the duration into Kelly and Ryan and beyond by Oscar hype.The best parts were some of the tributes, like Gary Oldman talking about giving Kirk Douglas, who's still alive and 101, a Lifetime Achievement Award, but for the most part, but most of it was hype, party hints and guests to promote the show, which apparently is going to begin with preshow red carpet etc, etc, stuff around 1 PM EST??? BTW, Jimmy Kimmel is the host and there are reports of politics an protests being high on the list of expectations...:blah::blah::blah:

I don't recognize most of the films aside from "The Post" which I'll go see with Steep and Hanks, although I have heard about "The Shape of Water" and the 3 Billboards one.

We were talking about how the films aren't as good anymore at work and I decided to look up some Best films lists. IMDB, not the strongest list, ranks #33 the The Return of the King (2004), #34 Gladiator(2003), and #62. The Pianist (2000). Nothing newer for a 13 year drought. FWIW, I've seem most of the films on that list, except the musical; they just don't do it for me, multiple times

Maybe I'll just watch "The Godfather" (#1) on Netflix

Last edited:
BTW, Jimmy Kimmel is the host and there are reports of politics an protests being high on the list of expectations...:blah::blah::blah:
I agree, the political crap is getting old. You know there will be some speech or comment(s) made during the show that will be all over social media and the news headlines the next morning, because some actors/actresses have their panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

Haven't watched it in years. Too much PC crap, self important actors, looking down at everyone else. All saying how good we are. SO WHAT. Another awards show. Got better things to do.

Watched The Shape of Water this afternoon. Good movie, not sure if Oscar. Hoping for a cinematography win for the Blade Runner guy. Otherwise, mostly watching to catch any screwups.

The Blade Runner Guy would be Roger A. Deakins and he did win the Oskar.
14th career nomination...1st win...impressive list of film credits on IMDB.

#OscarsSoLong

I managed to fill out an entire tax return, walk the dog and eat dinner during the broadcast. At least 2017 was a good year for movies!

Don't watch the Grammys these days as I'm out of the new pop music demographic by lack of exposure. Otoh, I still enjoy a good story well told on the Big Screen, so do find the Academy awards of interest.
I didn't see all of the candidates, but some tough choices to be made amongst those I did see.

My daughter jested that we do shots every time it got political. Good thing we didn’t. We would have gotten plowed and I’d be hungover today.

As long as there is theatre cinema, there will be the Academy awards.
Of that, I am certain.

Can you beleive some idiot stole that Oscar and posted selfies with it.
Yes, he is in jail now...

skynews-oscar-terry-bryant_4247907.jpg

Back
Top Bottom