North Carolina anyone?

I'm in FL, but drive back n forth to NC every 2-3 months. Family is mostly military/retired military in RDU / FAY / CLT / GBO areas.

Usually, I pick up deals from CL, etc in FL and GA, and bring w/me. They do the same for me in NC. Would be great to "extend" my NC family.

Haven’t been on for a bit. Have moved fro Raleigh to New Bern, but travel all over anyway.
I’ll be in if no conflict.

So far I've received zero PM's from people who would be interested in getting together in the Charlotte area. Looks like there's very little interest, just people increasing their post counts..lol

I am in Chapel Hill. For me, Charlotte is basically in western SC.

I would love a get together, but it would have to be somewhere with gear to listen to. From reading, Rocky Mount seems to be a pretty centralized hub -- or maybe Fayetteville. The Triangle would be an hour away, the Triad would be 2 (or so) away, the "coast" would be 2 or so away.

Chapel Hill is another great spot!

I will keep an eye out for a get together!

I am in Chapel Hill. For me, Charlotte is basically in western SC.

I would love a get together, but it would have to be somewhere with gear to listen to. From reading, Rocky Mount seems to be a pretty centralized hub -- or maybe Fayetteville. The Triangle would be an hour away, the Triad would be 2 (or so) away, the "coast" would be 2 or so away.

Chapel Hill is another great spot

NC is too wide for there to be just one meet, so as someone said before, there needs to be a Raleigh area meet, and a Charlotte meet, or even have a separate one for the Greensboro area.

I agree. I would open to coordinate a Greensboro/ Raleigh/ Fayetteville/ Rocky Mount group. Chapel Hill would be a very central location. (My home of Pittsboro would be even more so).

If Wilmington was a part of the group, Rocky Mount or Asheboro could be great meet up points.

I would happily include Charlotte. I have only been there because they have a Tanger outlet. Are there other things in Charlotte?

Great, you get the Eastern part, I'll take the Charlotte area. Now we just need all the people that have posted here to PM us with their contact info, and volunteer to host an event (there should be a good portion of people with good systems on here to do so). Do you want to host the first GtG at your place?

Again, I don't have my system hooked back up since moving.

I am open to hanging out with members. My system is vinyl based and modest. I can accommodate other pieces with notice!

I am a bit northeast of everyone but would certainly make the trip for any get together in NC within a couple of hours drive.

I'm west of Charlotte, closer to Asheville, just off I-26. Charlotte would work fine for me. At some point, I would really like to host an event because I could sure use input from others regarding my setup.
So, what do you folks envision happening at one of these meets? A mini swap meet? Gear shoot outs? Just some listening and gab-fest?

PM'ing Hobie1dog...

In Raleigh let's plan something know several people who have been talking about starting a group that meets regularly to talk about audio

I am not far from Raleigh, and I would be interested in attending the group. I would learn more than contribute.

I'm west of Charlotte, closer to Asheville, just off I-26. Charlotte would work fine for me. At some point, I would really like to host an event because I could sure use input from others regarding my setup.
So, what do you folks envision happening at one of these meets? A mini swap meet? Gear shoot outs? Just some listening and gab-fest?

PM'ing Hobie1dog...
Usually no swap meet stuff as no one likes to drag around equipment, but bringing along equipment to swap around for comparison is encouraged if the host permits it. Listening to different components is what's fun.. Hopefully besides meeting new people, listening to great systems that have been put together with lots of time and money is the goal.

Todd Dodds, I left a phone message.

Usually no swap meet stuff as no one likes to drag around equipment, but bringing along equipment to swap around for comparison is encouraged if the host permits it. Listening to different components is what's fun.. Hopefully besides meeting new people, listening to great systems that have been put together with lots of time and money is the goal.

Todd Dodds, I left a phone message.

Sorry about missing your call. The past several weeks, I've been getting bombarded with junk/scam/robocalls, despite the so-called no call list.
Ill get back to you...

Anyone in the the Triad that is interested in meeting up please contact me. There is an ever growing group of us that meet in Clemmons for breakfast on Saturday morning about once a month or so . A few are AK members and some are not, All enjoy audio. We had a good turn out of about 10 of us today but it would be great to see more of us.

If anyone has a meet up I would be down to join in. I live in Cary and a bit of a drive would not bother me the least. I've been to Underdog Records in WS to drop off equipment for repair (Blueglow Electronics) and when I am in Greensboro, I usually stop by Hippo Records. Just say when and where, inbox me!

Back
Top Bottom