Not DAC but instead ADC?

Thanks but $1000 is a non starter for the project I have in mind. That $1000 is 20 Music Matters LPs (give or take). But thanks for the reply and the idea. Maybe I keep an eye out for one in BT or USAudio Mart.
No worries. The NPC is a bit pricey, but it is a very flexible unit. I liked it for the ADC, and for the fact that I could run it, along with my CD player, through my DAC, and from my DAC into my integrated amp. Good luck in your search!

The best ADC is not cheap. But worth it. As you can have your favorites conveniently available. But a good Tascam SD recorder like my $60 used DR-07 has a superb ADC/DAC built in. And makes the digitizing easy. And you can easily transfer the finished workflow to your PC or MacIntosh and use your editing or declicking tools of choice, or even use it with your linux box as I do. And Audacity is fine, and 24/96 no problem. This machine or something like it might just be what you need as an easy way! This beats a USB turntable every time, in every way, and lets you use your turntable/cartridge/tonearm of choice. So, no excuse now. The results I get from my Tascam is as good as AudioScience broadcast grade tools. Affordable, convenient, and superb. So there's a solution for you.
I've used a DR-07 before and it's very easy to set up and get a good recording. Mainly, though, I use a Parasound Zphono-USB - only does 16/44.1 but I'm good with that. Not using it as a phono pre anymore - I just have it hooked to the Record Out in the preamp (it has two analog inputs in addition to the phono). I just have to turn it on, set gain so it doesn't clip, and record to Audacity or, more recently, Vinyl Studio.

Alan

My big potential issue with that solution will be possibly Linux support, and it's a nice idea and well thought out for many as a one stop approach for the basics. I work mainly with 24 bit, 44.1 .BWF files, as that's radio group standard.

I've "recorded" many an LP with a simple RCA to Mini adapter cord from the "Tape Out" section on my pre-amp then into my Mac Mini to the freeware program "Audacity". There is a slight learning curve setting the Mac and using Audacity but given the cost and how well it works. I also have done the same transfer to SACD, DVD-A and Laserdisc audio.

I have been using the tascam dr-07II for needle drops via my au-717. the only problem is the signal is a little too hot so I use the nobsound passive preamp/selector between my sansui and the tascam to lower the input volume. works pretty well. you could also get some 6db attenuators and do the same thing. I have been wondering it the Scarlett I2 would be better fidelity.

Back
Top Bottom