Nothing But The Absolute Best...

There are a few cafes in Tokyo that play music on nice systems and where the patrons are not allowed to talk - you order in whispers. I went to a jazz version in Shinjuku years ago and stumbled into one last year with a friend in Shibuya. The Shibuya place only played classical music and didn't even have booze - I asked for a beer and they gave me an egg cream. I think they're great. There's one more on my list, too: http://www.martha-records.com/martha/index.html
See! I knew someone would provide a rationale for me to finally head East. My daughter (18) is addicted to Japan's culture by way of anime (weird as hell to me, though...) and I've been half-assing about getting our family of five to visit Tokyo. Thanks to your inside info, I now have the perfect reason: the opportunity to hear potentially an entire selection of music without being interrupted. With two teenagers (16, 18) and a toddler (3 1/2), it's a minor miracle I'm able to start an album and not have to pause or stop it prior to arriving at the end. Shinjuku/Shibuya wards it is.

It's been a while since I've posted, but this caught my attention. Looking at these ultimate systems is a great way to get ideas for improving your own system and setup. I am currently setting up a new room in our new place, and get ideas from the setups shown here, so thanks 4-2-7 for all your input. I get ideas for wall treatments, material to use, and even equipment placement. I will never be able to afford these systems, but, I can make make my own version.

Clearaudio Statement
I really enjoyed working with and hearing the one HP had at Sea Cliff for many years using a Goldfinger cartridge. While the lower platter was belt driven, the upper platter was magnetically connected to the drive platter. Zero vibration. The entire upper structure gimbaled like a ceiling fan with the massive weights at the bottom. There is one *tool* here who opined that vinyl sounds horrible. Obviously, units like this are completely outside his awareness. :)

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted, but this caught my attention. Looking at these ultimate systems is a great way to get ideas for improving your own system and setup. I am currently setting up a new room in our new place, and get ideas from the setups shown here, so thanks 4-2-7 for all your input. I get ideas for wall treatments, material to use, and even equipment placement. I will never be able to afford these systems, but, I can make make my own version.
Thanks that is the intent, being aware of the little things in a room setup, thinking about the equipment and how we can make it sound good. Also some equipment to look forwards to, saving for or just open your eyes that there is a very big audio world out there.

Are you familiar with Mike Lavigne's system? Click here for details and pics.
That's very very nice, I'm on sites that some of the guy's have systems like that and what's posted here. In fact the site was started from members that "Used To" be here, in fact I'm on another site also, more middle ground, started by members that "Used To" be here...

Went to a local show yesterday and was really impressed by their 'reference' setup: KEF Muon MKII loudspeakers, Mcintosh MC601 mono's, Mcintosh C500T tubepre/T500 preamp and the Mcintosh MB100 mediastreamer.

zaal-6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom