NU Force STA 200. Thoughts, opinons or experince with this amp?

Not enough watts. ;)

Though it looks like you'll be fine, the Omens are very efficient.

In my system, 80watts is OVERKILL! LOL
I am running a TPA chip amp right now at 30watts per channel and I never max it out.

97db 12ohm speakers=VERY easy to drive

In my system, 80watts is OVERKILL! LOL
I am running a TPA chip amp right now at 30watts per channel and I never max it out.

97db 12ohm speakers=VERY easy to drive

Oh, no question it'll be plenty for your setup, and will sound wonderful. I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek. Will admit to being a touch jealous at times of those with more efficient setups who can play with lower power (but higher end) solid-state amps and tubes and such. The reQuests on the other hand... I'd never give them up save for even bigger electrostats, but they are extremely demanding. If an amp puts out under 200 wpc (and not stable down to 1-2 ohms) they will beat it up and take its proverbial lunch money.

Honestly, not trying to belittle your choice (again, I'm sure it's a lovely amp) but if I had speakers with your relatively modest power requirements, I'd probably be looking at something class A vs A/B. A 50-100 wpc Class A amp is going to be much more reasonable in terms of heat output and cost vs the higher output stuff.

Oh, no question it'll be plenty for your setup, and will sound wonderful. I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek. Will admit to being a touch jealous at times of those with more efficient setups who can play with lower power (but higher end) solid-state amps and tubes and such. The reQuests on the other hand... I'd never give them up save for even bigger electrostats, but they are extremely demanding. If an amp puts out under 200 wpc (and not stable down to 1-2 ohms) they will beat it up and take its proverbial lunch money.

Honestly, not trying to belittle your choice (again, I'm sure it's a lovely amp) but if I had speakers with your relatively modest power requirements, I'd probably be looking at something class A vs A/B. A 50-100 wpc Class A amp is going to be much more reasonable in terms of heat output and cost vs the higher output stuff.

Yeah, I love the endless options I have for these speakers. That's what makes everything such a tough choice, soooooooo many options. And those ML's you have are ridiculous! I WILL own a pair of ML electrostats one day! Yeah, lots and lots of power for those bad boys!

As far as your opinion on amps, what would you suggest then? Class A at 50-100watts? That is affordable. Audiophile on a budget.

I have been SERIOUSLY considering this Class A SET amp for a long time. For $339, it seems like a no brainer.

upload_2018-11-14_12-23-26.png

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

I'm using one now with my Quartets. Once I got this running I lost interest in chip amps, except the one in my computer setup. It compares very favorably to my $3000 Coda amp with a passive pre but with the plus of the tube dimensional soundstage. I switch back and forth between them every few weeks just to appreciate the strengths of each. You may feel a need to add bass weight with a sub.

I'm using one now with my Quartets. Once I got this running I lost interest in chip amps, except the one in my computer setup. It compares very favorably to my $3000 Coda amp with a passive pre but with the plus of the tube dimensional soundstage. I switch back and forth between them every few weeks just to appreciate the strengths of each. You may feel a need to add bass weight with a sub.

So this MP $339 amp sounds almost as good as your $3000 Coda amp? That's promising. I already have two subs, so I got that covered.

So this MP $339 amp sounds almost as good as your $3000 Coda amp? That's promising. I already have two subs, so I got that covered.
It's surprising how good it sounds after rolling in some tubes. The stock Chinese tubes are aimed for the Asian market I think, too bright. With more demanding speakers I'm sure it wouldn't keep up with the big amp.

It's surprising how good it sounds after rolling in some tubes. The stock Chinese tubes are aimed for the Asian market I think, too bright. With more demanding speakers I'm sure it wouldn't keep up with the big amp.

I don't mind a little forward/bright. I like a little sparkle. I don't have demanding speakers so I think it will be just fine.

I don't mind a little forward/bright. I like a little sparkle. I don't have demanding speakers so I think it will be just fine.
i think your Zu's and my Klipsch are rated about the same, 97db or so. It's plenty loud at 9 o'clock and really loud at ten. I've never heard detail like I got with the stock Chinese preamp tubes, but bright. The 6sj7 or 717a have plenty of sparkle, depending on the power tubes, but less bright. The EL34 power tubes have less sparkle than the 7581a and less bass but great, warm mids.

i think your Zu's and my Klipsch are rated about the same, 97db or so. It's plenty loud at 9 o'clock and really loud at ten. I've never heard detail like I got with the stock Chinese preamp tubes, but bright. The 6sj7 or 717a have plenty of sparkle, depending on the power tubes, but less bright. The EL34 power tubes have less sparkle than the 7581a and less bass but great, warm mids.

You are really making my decision difficult. I do want to make sure i have power on tap though to really let it loose. I am curious if 6.5 watts will be enough for the dynamics i am wanting. And i love a lot of detail and hearing the little nuances in songs that i didnt even know were there. So i might just stick with the stock Chinese tubes and go from there. I KNOW the 80watts from the NuForce would be more than enough. I just dont want the MP to run out of steam. I had a Decware SE84UFO which i loved most of the time but at times with some music, 2 watts per channel was not going to cut it.

You are really making my decision difficult. I do want to make sure i have power on tap though to really let it loose. I am curious if 6.5 watts will be enough for the dynamics i am wanting. And i love a lot of detail and hearing the little nuances in songs that i didnt even know were there. So i might just stick with the stock Chinese tubes and go from there. I KNOW the 80watts from the NuForce would be more than enough. I just dont want the MP to run out of steam. I had a Decware SE84UFO which i loved most of the time but at times with some music, 2 watts per channel was not going to cut it.
That's the thing with audio, there's no way to know how any component will sound in different systems except in general terms. Too bad Nuforce doesn't have a trial period.

Back
Top Bottom