Nudies of your modern gear!!

basite

I took a headstart...
well, I think the title says it all :)

pretty much everything is welcome, from 'modern' amps, to 'modern' cd players :)

I'll start...

here's the inside of my Mcintosh MA6400 integrated...

IMG_0672.jpg

and another one...
IMG_0673.jpg

OK, so where's yours? :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Awesome stuff indeed.
Time to show those vintage guys what good modern gear looks like under the hood! :)

Here ya go, about as modern as you can get, the Panasonic XR-55 digital receiver.

See that row of caps and inductors just to the right of middle? That area is where the digital amplifiers reside, all seven of them, 80wpc @ 8 ohms.

In a German audio mag, they tested it to do the following (in stereo mode), even though the low impedance loads are not recommended:

93wpc @ 8 ohms
120wpc @ 6 ohms
169wpc @ 4 ohms
206wpc @ 3 ohms
238wpc @ 2 ohms

Weight, about 10lbs... cost, don't remember exactly, but something on the order of $200 brand spanking new.

If ya like your warbles on the warm and fuzzy side, this one probably isn't for you.

XR55.jpg

I like the idea behind this thread BUT, the newest component I have is either my Sony CDP-C725 5 disc CD changer or my TEAC R-919X auto reverse cassette and both of them are at least 15 years old. Also, I don't think they can match that McIntosh. :tears:

Thanks Jack. I'm real happy with it, really hit my wish-list and sounds fantastic in my system.

I'm done looking for the right pre-amp.

Back
Top Bottom