Nudies of your modern gear!!

Line Magnetic 219IA

Outside
P1018645.jpg

Inside
253133d1396699619-innmat-hva-du-vil-line-magnetic-lm-219-ia-10-r909x960-c-a2f748ef-73145305.jpg

Notice the lack of a printed circuit board in this Bottlehead tube preamp. Point to point hand wiring is something you rarely see these days. Too labor intensive.

P9250004.jpg

Bel Canto 845 mono block (honestly not sure if it's an Orfeo or an SET80, chassis looks like an SET80 but is marked as an Orfeo on the back? Seller said it was an SET80...)

PCB
index.php

Chassis without PCB
index.php

Top view with transformer cover removed (note parallel OPTs)
index.php

You should see the Sig version of the OTO - and my turntable is almost the one here as well - first couple minutes - the Big C-Core transformers are great. I have long felt the OTOs are some of the more under the radar amps available - over 20 years selling - EL84 does some really gorgeous things. The video has the internal shots but better than a picture because you have some scale of size

It's sorta the same system I have had back in Canada (OTO "not sig version", J/Spe higher than J/D but with paper woofers, TT2/IQ3 and arm three but the older turbo charged Rega 250). The DAC 3.1X.II is likely my next DAC also in this video -

You should see the Sig version of the OTO - and my turntable is almost the one here as well - first couple minutes - the Big C-Core transformers are great. I have long felt the OTOs are some of the more under the radar amps available - over 20 years selling - EL84 does some really gorgeous things. The video has the internal shots but better than a picture because you have some scale of size

It's sorta the same system I have had back in Canada (OTO "not sig version", J/Spe higher than J/D but with paper woofers, TT2/IQ3 and arm three but the older turbo charged Rega 250). The DAC 3.1X.II is likely my next DAC also in this video -

Very nice gear, but a bit overpriced in my honest opinion,
they're using their speakers sound to sell the amplifier..

Sonci -

I have no complaints on price - I can sell my OTO for more than I originally paid for it back in 2003. Free is a pretty good price. :)

I once owned this handsome Bada DC 222 Tube Fidelity which is said to be a clone of a MF design. It featured a busy ( eye candy? ) layout which didn't sound nearly as good as some of my simple tube amps or even the "cheaper than yesterday's lunch" TPA3116.

dc222t2.jpg

Is the turntable still derived from the old Dunlop Systemdek (Mk2), I used to have one that Audio Note originaly provided an acrylic player upgrade for. Stupidly I replaced it with an LP12 that lost a lot of what the Systemdek had, I do know that AN took over the design when they folded.

Is the turntable still derived from the old Dunlop Systemdek (Mk2), I used to have one that Audio Note originaly provided an acrylic player upgrade for. Stupidly I replaced it with an LP12 that lost a lot of what the Systemdek had, I do know that AN took over the design when they folded.

Yes they still sell the units based on the systemdeck but no longer the rewired Rega 250and 300 arms. They now make their own. I sold my TT2 back in Canada for 20%more than I paid. Now in HK bought another TT2.

I once owned this handsome Bada DC 222 Tube Fidelity which is said to be a clone of a MF design. It featured a busy ( eye candy? ) layout which didn't sound nearly as good as some of my simple tube amps or even the "cheaper than yesterday's lunch" TPA3116.

dc222t2.jpg

I prefer going by sound. I bought the OTO on sound...didn't look inside or read reviews before I bought. I simply auditioned it. That's the way it should be. The problem is removing various bias. If something is too expensive or too cheap a bias can enter into the hearing of it. I have a guy on another forum who despises me and in turn will never audition an AN product. And if he does....could he ever be deemed reliable as he has a huge (Bernie Sanders) hhhhuuugeee bias going in. I know people who won't bother listening to anything under $10,000 because it can't be good. I know others who can't afford to spend $1,000 on a component and then claim spending more is delusional. When I get back from vacation I intend to buy the best non DIY TPA 3116 I can find. Some things look more complex than they are with more functions. A full tube phono stage requires space and parts than a unit with no phono stage at all.

There's a massive thread here on the Jolida JD9 tube phono stage. It's low parts count not only contributes to it's great sound but makes for easy cap upgrades.

P2270004.jpg

Poultrygeist, are you still of the idea that a Tpa3116 is better than an original TA2020, just from sound quality prespective, not power,

I was hopping for Topping to jump in the tpa3116 route, because I trust them, but still they insist on older chips,
What do you recommend for a finished box or nearly finished, I'm pretty good on soldering, I know there's a thread going on, but it's too long..

All of my six TPA3116's trounce my Topping in SQ.

This wooden box sells for $4 and change at Michaels but the power brick has to be used externally.

Node:IOGLO000030000900001000040000H0001M0001L0000E000020000J0001Y0000200BD7.ViewAsset

Back
Top Bottom