Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

View attachment 1238752 I’ve had the XA for several weeks and can’t seem to remove it to go back to the Merrill modded one. This thing is just so friggin’ musical! One of these days I’ll send the arm to Marc. What to listen to next?

I should not be amazed at how many times I’ve read this. Musical is the word.

I started with a stock unit and then started the Morinization process with the arm.

Last edited:
Haha I guess I appreciate it more than you do lol

:thumbsup: I appreciate the kind words and it is a wonderful turntable that can compliment many fine cartridges after @marcmorin works his magic. My XB needs a thorough tune up, the cue mechanism needs repair and I will add some of the things Marc has done recently plus it will get a new maple base. What won't change is how good it sounds!

Hello, its Will . I am the the lucky owner of an AR XB turntable. I am asking advice. Recently I broke the spindle trying to adjust pulley noise. Does anyone know if it can be fixed. Cheers Will

Hello, its Will . I am the the lucky owner of an AR XB turntable. I am asking advice. Recently I broke the spindle trying to adjust pulley noise. Does anyone know if it can be fixed. Cheers Will
the motor spindle? the motor can be rebuilt with a "new" pole piece which the shaft is part of.

iKgRVE2.jpg

Im5vHjw.jpg
I love this turntable !

just a piece of MDF i painted black.
the tonearm arm interconnects would bottom out thereby hindering deck's suspension if i didn't make a cutout in MDF to allow them to hang free.
hope that makes sense ;)

just a piece of MDF i painted black.
the tonearm arm interconnects would bottom out thereby hindering deck's suspension if i didn't make a cutout in MDF to allow them to hang free.
hope that makes sense ;)
Ah ok , that makes sense. What about the cones that support it ? I’m looking for exactly that size .

Audiofreak71

I see Marc worked on the tonearm (at least new tube and probably new wire) but what's under the hood? Base may look familiar.

Marc gave this one the full monty. No cosmetic modifications though. That's the stock base, untouched.

Very nice and I can understand why right now you are not in the market for any decks. Enjoy playing lots of records!

Back
Top Bottom