Official Grateful Dead Thread

here we go again...

https://archive.org/details/gd1990-05-06_carson_bk4011_1644flac/

Grateful Dead
May 06, 1990 sunday
Cal State Dominguez Hell (106 degrees - HOT!)
Carson, CA

Set 1
Mississippi Half Step,
Feel Like A Stranger,
Easy To Love You,
West L.A. Fadeaway,
When I Paint My Masterpiece,
Candyman,
Victim Or The Crime,
Foolish Heart

Set 2
Iko Iko,
Samson & Delilah,
The Weight,
Blow Away,
Terrapin Station->
Drums->
Jam->
The Other One->
Standing On the Moon->
Throwing Stones,
Turn On Your Love Light,
E: The Last Time

Ambient recording by Tom Tech twiddlin' the knobs (Tom D.), and Mike French covering the mics at 6'6"

Lots and lots of very quiet friends and other tapers amongst us! (Sean W-S., Ted M., John C., Rich B., likely others).
We had a huge quiet zone staked out with lots of very quiet friends and blockers. This was a focused effort with a lot of dedicated folks.
Bruel and Kjaer B&K 4011 cardioids as ORTF stereo at 17cm spacing @ 110-degrees combined off-axis response
Neumann p48v power pack
Sony TCD-D10 DAT 1648

So hot! Baking in the sun.
We arrived to the lot, and, got in line early in the morning, and spent the morning and afternoon waiting in line, cooking on asphalt in 106-degree sun.
A friend of ours passed out during the show due to the heat. I had brought in a white cotton bed sheet that I had cut a hole in the middle of, to create a white sun reflecting poncho. We covered her in the poncho, and poured water over her to try to cool her down. It worked, but was a pretty scary moment.

I still have my 7 ticket stubs from the concerts I attended. Except for 1, I remember them all, and oddly enough, I remember why I don't remember the one I didn't, (really good pot and really good Champagne). The best of the 7 was at the Uptown Theater in Chicago. They played the first set acoustic, and the second, electric. We had balcony seats, and really didn't need to light up, (second hand smoke). LIVE DEAD, didn't get much better!

Happy listening to Live Dead in Dominguez Hell.
Cal State Dominguez Hills - Carson Ca
May 05 and 06, 1990

I’ll start with this out of place folder —
Ambient B&K4011 upfront on LMA in Community Audio:
https://archive.org/details/gd1990-05-06_carson_bk4011_1644flac

Ambient B&K 4011 upfront — gd1990-05-05_b&k4011_1644flac
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/02x7wv4aqmy0g4i/AAD-h7x-XdgrkM-YMKUuX0oAa?dl=0

FM KPFK — gd1990-05-05_fm-mf_1644flac
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uf0ad3n1vj9fb0k/AADF3jGaQG7ntc0POo6004Xva?dl=0

GD
1984-04-06
Alladin Theater - Alladin Hotel
Las Vegas, Nv
Ambient Analog recording by KP, LP, MF, TR, J. St.J., T. St. J.,...
Sennheiser MD421's DIN'ish mics handheld by MF (heavy!) -> Uher portable cassette -> Sony TC-D5
Impact Zone

Last edited:
35270261220_fe213e1527_b.jpg

Workingman's Dead

Grateful Dead

1970/2001 Rhino (DVD-Audio) 5.1 Mix

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Picked this up today - bootleg - Berkeley Records B101; Live at the Felt Forum.
Sounds kind of thin - I played it with the loudness on.

IMG_5318.JPG

you would think the damn bootleggers would have least put a picture of the pigpen on the felt forum lp in your photo, not garcia playing the nash strat, wearing the nudie from a year later! get it straight man.

Last edited:
Regardless of how shitty that sounds, its still fun to have in the collection.

For sonic bliss, just pick up the Dave's Picks 22 (12/7/71) and charlie's master reel>dat>flac of the other 3 shows from that run. Those are likely the definitive felt forum recordings.

And if your after more fun, I think there is a jerry moore 1st gen tape of marty weinbergs audience tape of a portion of one of those shows but I forget which one.
Or you can seek out the old fm broadcast of 12/5. I don't know what's on that record you have but I bet its from that fm broadcast. That was one of the first dead tapes I heard.

Reckoning ^^^ is a great album. I lost "Dead Set" some years ago, and will be replacing it sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom