Official Kef LS50 owners thread

Ouch! Not terrible I guess but just enough to be painful! Did they have any guesses as to what might have caused it?

Hey @Art K. - what height? I'm going back and forth with Noel.
Trying to decide between 24" and 27-28" and between Skylan, Target, and Pangea.

I'd like to caution a bit on the Pangea stands. I have the 28" DS400 for my LS50s. They are solid but not exactly precision built. What I mean is not every leg was equal length and thus they required some tweaking to get them level.

I'd like to caution a bit on the Pangea stands. I have the 28" DS400 for my LS50s. They are solid but not exactly precision built. What I mean is not every leg was equal length and thus they required some tweaking to get them level.

I'll echo this 100%. I won't buy Pangea's again... way too fiddly. I had Skylan's for my LS50's and they were 100% worth it. Great stands.

- Woodt

Complete set up. Will be auditioning a REL T5i to supplement the LS50.

If you have the opportunity, try a JL Audio D110. It sounded phenomenal with my LS50s and I was able to dial in a completely flat response down to 20Hz in room with no EQ. Much more power then the REL and it shows- dynamic like no tomorrow.

You're not the only one I have read about who has blown a speaker with the NAD D3020 by turning up too much. Perhaps it is a characteristic of it's design?

Yup. But it was not caused by the NAD. I got it preowned and it seems it had been damaged by the previous owner.

Enjoy! I hope you like your T5/LS50 combo as much as I do. My listening room is only 12x12, with the REL corner loaded, centered between the LS50's. I don't even know it's there, it blends seamlessly, which is what I want for music. I'll leave the chest pounding bass for home theater.

Thanks working well so far but there is still room for improvement. Will tweak positioning and settings on the sub further.

After a few years of considering a speaker upgrade, my system has evolved a ton. I have my first MC cart (ortofon quintet bronze) and my first SUT (ma cotter), my system is almost there. Today I finally ordered the KEF LS50's to replace my Dahlquist DQM 9's! Very excited. I also ordered the Custom KEF LS50 single post stand. Thanks a lot to this thread and the contributing AK members for insight into not only the KEF's but a lot of other things. :)

I'll have them on Monday. I rarely listen to recorded music anymore. I spend more time at live events. I listened to the Harbeths for maybe an hour in the last 3 mos. Nice to have a competent system but not necessary. I'll setup a small streaming setup in the living room. Something with small powered speakers and a nice streamer. For now I have Focal XS Book with the little luxman cd player.

Hello Art! Interesting to hear that you are back to the LS50's. It's funny as I was started looking for a pair again so I came back to your original thread to read about them again. I'm still listening to the Venere's but hankering for a change. Also considering the Rega RX models and Totem.

Back
Top Bottom