Ohm FRS-15 Project

Frs-15

I think I'd still call Ohm and talk to John Strohbeen. He'll tell you what needs to be done.

I agree......John is a great guy.......I am getting ready to upgrade the drivers (second time) to the M-3000's on my FRS-15's .........I bought these new and one speaker needs new foam and the other does not.......The foam John sent me looks like the original foam..........Will have the drivers out tomorrow and will be glad to send you pics if you like........

"I did not fail.......I just have 10000 things that nobody can use"....Thomas A. Edison

After getting a email and then talking to John at OHM, I'm sending the drivers to him.

here's the email

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the Ohm family.

Wish you had contacted us earlier. We know a lot about Ohm speakers.

It seems a little late the process to be contacting us. Once a speaker has been modified by the owner, it is more difficult for us to repair or upgrade -- like bringing a box of parts to a old fashioned mechanical clock repairman...
But, since I really, really don't like having improper sounding Ohms in the field, I will make you a special offer: if you send the two drivers & perforated cans to us, we will do our normal $250/pair maintenance on then for only $125 plus S&H. This involves changing the surrounds and a half dozen little things we have learned in the 20+ years since they were made, then I personally test them and match them to each other much more closely than we thought worthwhile back then.

We also have a $2000/pair upgrade where you get new Walsh 3000 drivers and a few other parts.

Please give me a call to discuss your needs and options.

Good Listening!

John is it ok for me to post your e-mail on AK?

Hi Pete,

Feel free to post it and add that this offer holds true for all AudioKarma members. They just need to note it when they send in their drivers. This applies to all the 10" Walshs from the Walsh 4 to the Walsh 200s. We far prefer the drivers fully assembled because we only have to deal with known problems.

We do not spend more than the standard maintenance charge without getting the owner's permission. If we find something major wrong, we get approval in advance (it does happen -- but rarely).

Good Listening!

John Strohbeen
President
Ohm Acoustics Corp.
76 Degraw Street
Brooklyn NY 11231
800-783-1553
www.OhmSpeakers.com
Good! Maybe he'll put in some decent tweeters.

$300 is pretty steep. I still can't get over the fact that Ohm put cone tweeters in these speakers.

$300 is pretty steep. I still can't get over the fact that Ohm put cone tweeters in these speakers.

Cone tweeters are not that bad when used properly. IMHO My sequerra metronomes have them and for a small 3 way monitor without the subs they are hard to beat. I don't have the ribbon tweeters that could be added on top and they sound excellent without them.

I am prob. going to take John up on this offer as well for my frs-11's here shortly. Let us know how yours turn out.

Last edited:
Ohm Speakers

Congratulations, Ohm's are just hard to beat for all they offer......I just last week upgraded my FRS-15'3 to the new 3000 drivers and every upgrade the beat just gets better.......There are not many people out there like John at Ohm, he takes care of his flock.....HAPPY LISTENING!!!

Back
Top Bottom