Ohm Walsh Tall 2000 Ordered

Yk Thom

After much thought I've made my new speaker decision. Ohm Walsh Tall 2000s now ordered. Awaiting finish samples to arrive and away I go.

my Ohm 2XO's are my favorite speaker. ive heard that the 2000's are better but have not heard myself but would love to. im sure you will enjoy them. i think if i ever find a dirt cheap pair of 1's or 2's i will get them and have them upgraded to the 2.2000

It will be a while before I recieve them but once here I will be doing just that. Something of a risk but I have a gut feeling about these.

I think you'll be pleased. The Ohm Walsh speakers are my overall favorites, and I've had many. Down to a single pair of F's now, but I've had 1's, 2's, 4's, F2's, and probably more. Something about them does it for me.

bs

After much thought I've made my new speaker decision. Ohm Walsh Tall 2000s now ordered. Awaiting finish samples to arrive and away I go.

Congratulations on getting the Walsh 2000 speakers. The Walsh 3s I picked up on a whim continue to surprise me with their sound. A very addicting sound IMHO.

Boshorey, you ONLY have Fs now. How big is your room to fit those things. Thaat's the speaker I'd love to hear but the footprint is way to much for an apartment.
They have been showinfg a set f Fs on E-Bay for ages now w/ obviously no takers for price and land use. If I wer to visit that kind of pyramid maybe it would be a ESS HEIL AMT 1B pyramid..Again a huge footprint w a 12'' passive and 12'' driver in each and the Heil Radiator tweeter.

Boshorey, you ONLY have Fs now. How big is your room to fit those things. Thaat's the speaker I'd love to hear but the footprint is way to much for an apartment.
They have been showinfg a set f Fs on E-Bay for ages now w/ obviously no takers for price and land use. If I wer to visit that kind of pyramid maybe it would be a ESS HEIL AMT 1B pyramid..Again a huge footprint w a 12'' passive and 12'' driver in each and the Heil Radiator tweeter.

The room isn't huge, maybe 16x20, open on one side. I've got them on the long wall, not ideally placed, and too close to the wall. They still sound amazing. It's a very bright room, with tile floors and one small throw rug. I think that helps the F's, generally speaking they're not very overpowering in the highs. The F's are a little under 18"x18" at the base. The only way I'd part with the F's was if I stumbled across a pair of A's.

bs

It has been some time since I updated on my situation. After receiving my veneer samples, we have decided to go with the Rosewood. Living up in Yellowknife, mail takes a long time to arrive - especially from the States. I should imagine they will be shipped by week's end. The countdown begins...

The speakers arrived in Yellowknife. Incredibly well packed - triple boxed. The Ohm Accoustics people have this down to a science. Took me a couple hours to unbox them. They arrived absolutely pristine.
First thoughts...they are even nicer in person than in web photos. They possess a classy elegant simplicity and the veneer choice we made has them blending in very well with our wood furnishings as well as wood veneer flooring. They don't really even look like speakers, more like nice pillars. The WAF is huge. My wife loves them and is very pleased to see the Black Klipsch RB61 IIs mounted on black metal stands removed from the living room. Ran Audessy and puttered around with some settings, moved the cut off down to 60 which seems to be their sweet spot in my room. First impressions: fabulous! Very natural sounding, lots of detail ( I was a bit concerned I'd be losing some). As detailed if not more so than the Klipsch but more "full" and nuanced and natural sounding. They are perfect for TV and I assume will be even more so for movies-I'll find out this weekend. A big surprise to me was how effortlessly they seem to match with my Klipsch RC62 II centre channel. I had thought it would be a huge mismatch but this doesn't seem to be the case. Played some music and was blown away. I listen primarily to jazz and have always found Klipsch to excel with this genre. Something about listening to horns through horns. The 2000s are even better. Ridiculously lifelike and without the stridency I would hear with some older recordings. All this through my Marantz SR5008 AVR! More than enough power. I did pick up a pair of used Marantz MA700 mono blocks a while back and will be incorporating them into the system on the weekend, but to tell you true they sound great right now. Everything you hear about the Ohm soundstage is true. My whole room seems to be a sweet spot rather than just my chair which was tuned into the Klipsch. Off axis is a real bonus. Regardless of where I wander the sound is full. This will be great when having guests over during the holiday season. As far as placement goes I just dropped them exactly where the other speakers had been placed and they sound fine. Did a wee bit of toe in and may play around with them this weekend but for now they seem perfectly fine. The Ohm people suggest a 100 hour break in but they sound damn fine right out of the box. If things improve over time well that will just be a bonus. I could not be happier with my purchase and the sound of the Ohm Walsh Talls. Wish I had bought a pair years ago.

Last edited:
The speakers arrived in Yellowknife. Incredibly well packed - triple boxed. The Ohm Accoustics people have this down to a science. Took me a couple hours to unbox them. They arrived absolutely pristine.
First thoughts...they are even nicer in person than in web photos. They possess a classy elegant simplicity and the veneer choice we made has them blending in very well with our wood furnishings as well as wood veneer flooring. They don't really even look like speakers, more like nice pillars. The WAF is huge. My wife loves them and is very pleased to see the Black Klipsch RB61 IIs mounted on black metal stands removed from the living room. Ran Audessy and puttered around with some settings, moved the cut off down to 60 which seems to be their sweet spot in my room. First impressions: fabulous! Very natural sounding, lots of detail ( I was a bit concerned I'd be losing some). As detailed if not more so than the Klipsch but more "full" and nuanced and natural sounding. They are perfect for TV and I assume will be even more so for movies-I'll find out this weekend. A big surprise to me was how effortlessly they seem to match with my Klipsch RC62 II centre channel. I had thought it would be a huge mismatch but this doesn't seem to be the case. Played some music and was blown away. I listen primarily to jazz and have always found Klipsch to excel with this genre. Something about listening to horns through horns. The 2000s are even better. Ridiculously lifelike and without the stridency I would hear with some older recordings. All this through my Marantz SR5008 AVR! More than enough power. I did pick up a pair of used Marantz MA700 mono blocks a while back and will be incorporating them into the system on the weekend, but to tell you true they sound great right now. Everything you hear about the Ohm soundstage is true. My whole room seems to be a sweet spot rather than just my chair which was tuned into the Klipsch. Off axis is a real bonus. Regardless of where I wander the sound is full. This will be great when having guests over during the holiday season. As far as placement goes I just dropped them exactly where the other speakers had been placed and they sound fine. Did a wee bit of toe in and may play around with them this weekend but for now they seem perfectly fine. The Ohm people suggest a 100 hour break in but they sound damn fine right out of the box. If things improve over time we'll that will just be a bonus. I could not be happier with my purchase and the sound of the Ohm Walsh Talls. Wish I had bought a pair years ago.

They are great sounding speakers I am glad you are happy with them . Use them in good health .

Have spent the evening listening to some favourite holiday CDs (through a Marantz CD6005), with a few glasses of wine. I think I now know what the term "musical" sounding means. These things are a joy to listen to. I finally get it. The sound is not so extremely different as some would have you beleive. Huge presence, natural full and detailed. I really like the presentation and would put it in my big three sonic experiences: the first time I heard properly set up vintage Khorns, the venerable Electro-Voice Interface D and now the Ohm Walsh Tall. Distinct and natural.

Back
Top Bottom