Okay, Name This Amp

You haven't been around for a while and the first thing you do is ruin my fun.:biggrin:
Good to hear from you Carl.

Yes, it is my AU-719. The transformers are stock, but the internal covers came from a donor AU-517. They didn't fit right in like I expected, but not too difficult.

I may change the transformer covers to the ones from an AU-717 that have the logos. I have them here. Not many AU-719s have the covers on the transformers.

Now I need to order the parts for a rebuild and get this back in my main system.
Thinking of having the heat sinks anodized black.

Rob

Last edited:
It also has an AU-717 cover. It is a heavier gauge metal than the AU-719 cover. It's also not black like the AU-719 cover.

Robisme, I see in your signature line, you have a vast array of Sansui amps and receivers. How would you rank your collection from 1 to 10 in listening quality (no ties ;))?

That's a tough question, but I can tell you this.

The G-871DB sounds better than the G-8000, and the G-8000 sounds better than the 9090DB.

I have not done a comparison with the AU-719, AU-G99X, and AU-X711. That said, the AU-G99X is in the main system right now, and after I rebuild the AU-719 it will take it's place. I will know more then. The AU-G99X sounds great on ADS L1290 II. I have high hopes for the AU-719 after the rebuild.

At that point I can do a side by side with the AU-X711 and AU-G99X.

I love the punchy sound of the Eight Deluxe but the Z-5000X has a nice crisp clean sound with a quiet back ground.

Haven't listened to the AU-888 for a while now, and it needs a rebuild. Lots of noise in the left channel.

Also haven't done comparisons between amps and receivers, so it really is tough to rate them 1 through 10.

Rob

You haven't been around for a while and the first thing you do is ruin my fun.:biggrin:
Good to hear from you Carl.

Yes, it is my AU-719. The transformers are stock, but the internal covers came from a donor AU-517. They didn't fit right in like I expected, but not too difficult.

I may change the transformer covers to the ones from an AU-717 that have the logos. I have them here. Not many AU-719s have the covers on the transformers.

Now I need to order the parts for a rebuild and get this back in my main system.
Thinking of having the heat sinks anodized black.

Rob
Sorry, Rob! I thought about not posting, but I couldn't help it. It looks real good, as always with your Sansui gear. :) The heat sink and internal configuration gave it away.

I'm doing good. Hope you and your family are doing well too!

Last edited:
Hi Carl!
Rob my vote to this question typically goes to the AU 7500 to 9500 amps
I love my AU/TU 888 set. you inspired me to find one because of yours

The 719 will be your best amp when you get it done. The G-871 nor the G-8000 are far behind though. I actually could go either way with your choice between the G-871 or the G-8000 being better. That is a tough call.

Man, that looks bitchin in there. I would leave the big heat sinks the color they are. Just needs some new parts is all.

These amps are absolutely killer folks. This is a relatively affordable way to start into real hifi, and a good destination all at the same time. It's as good as your source!

My closer friend have this beast... He call me one day and tell me that he want to sell this amplifier but he dont know for what price.
I tell him very simple answer... "My dear friend, if you sell your amp I will kill you. Forget that you have this amp and go with your wife on long walk. This will be good for your health".
After few days he call me again and tell me that he understood the point of what I told him. :)

AU919a.jpg

EDIT: He have Sansui AU-919. ;)

Last edited:
Man, that looks bitchin in there. I would leave the big heat sinks the color they are. Just needs some new parts is all.
!

Thanks. The heat sinks will most likely stay the stock color due to the cost of anodizing. Which I have not got an estimate for yet.

Yes, "some" new parts will be ordered soon.:D
Gonna do the AU-888 too.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom