Older Panasonic Tuner question

brian222

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My garage unit. Panasonic SA-HT720. FM will do 88.7 then 88.5 but I want 88.6. Tried seek and manual but it always hits odd numbers never even. Was it made this way or am I missing something?

Why 88.6MHz? You are aware that in North America, FM band channel spacing is 200KHz apart (only odd numbers), so legally know one should be transmitting at that freq. Your unit is configured for 200KHz channel spacing which is normal.
I suspect you want a even freq because you have a strong adjacent/alternate interferer that you want to move away from. Basically you need more selectivity but that is a design/component change.
Some tuners have the ability to switch to a different channel spacing of 100KHz or even 50KHz, 100K spacing is used in Europe and other countries. That would be an internal wiring/strapping change if the unit has the capability. I'd have to review the design to see if it is possible and what to change. See if you can find a service manual to figure this out.

Why 88.6MHz? You are aware that in North America, FM band channel spacing is 200KHz apart (only odd numbers), so legally know one should be transmitting at that freq. Your unit is configured for 200KHz channel spacing which is normal.
I suspect you want a even freq because you have a strong adjacent/alternate interferer that you want to move away from. Basically you need more selectivity but that is a design/component change.
Some tuners have the ability to switch to a different channel spacing of 100KHz or even 50KHz, 100K spacing is used in Europe and other countries. That would be an internal wiring/strapping change if the unit has the capability. I'd have to review the design to see if it is possible and what to change. See if you can find a service manual to figure this out.
Thanks. Was not aware.

Back
Top Bottom