Olson's Dream SMAC Meet!

olson_jr

Lunatic Member
My Dream SMAC Meet!

I know I am just daydreaming in the heat here, but it would be so cool if we had a meet that met most of my personal needs.

1. Closer to home (West Side of Woodward or thereabouts)
2. Several nice systems, complete & already in place. I mean who wants to lug around gear in the summer?
3. Held on a date when I am actually in town.
4. Close proximity to a nice Brewery for a pre-meet lunch and pint.
5. Maybe a flush and wash to reduce my anxiety about dirty hands.
6. Friendly dogs would be a plus.
7. Maybe a little 'garden like / personal reflection' outside sitting area in case I get clastrophobic or I dislike the music played.
8. A grill for Brats or something.
9. Tubes, lots and lots of tubes!
10. Would even be better if the host had something he could give me, equipement, or music, or building supplies, or whatever.

As John Lennon said, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Anyone else have specific criteria for a Dream Meet?

Last edited:
I also have very specific criteria for a SMAC meet but if my wife caught me writing them down, there'd be hell to play:D

:scratch2:
My Dream SMAC Meet!

I know I am just daydreaming in the heat here, but it would be so cool if we had a meet that met most of my personal needs.

1. Closer to home (West Side of Woodward or thereabouts)
2. Several nice systems, complete & already in place. I mean who wants to lug around gear in the summer?
3. Held on a date when I am actually in town.
4. Close proximity to a nice Brewery for a pre-meet lunch and pint.
5. Maybe a flush and wash to reduce my anxiety about dirty hands.
6. Friendly dogs would be a plus.
7. Maybe a little 'garden like / personal reflection' outside sitting area in case I get clastrophobic or I dislike the music played.
8. A grill for Brats or something.
9. Tubes, lots and lots of tubes!
10. Would even be better if the host had something he could give me, equipement, or music, or building supplies, or whatever.

As John Lennon said, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Anyone else have specific criteria for a Dream Meet?

Hmmmm, I think I know where you will find all but one of those criteria July 14th.:scratch2:

I'll be sure to run up and shake your pristine hand with my gummy mits next time we cross paths. I'll bring some Kleenex boxes in case you need some slippers, too.

I'll be sure to run up and shake your pristine hand with my gummy mits next time we cross paths. I'll bring some Kleenex boxes in case you need some slippers, too.

Hopefully virgin Kleenex boxes and not something you found parked under your bunk .....mate!

I'm east of Woodward.I guess I'm off the hook. .:D

I also have a fear of getting bonkied in the head with a flying skateboard, so your off the list for sure... :D

I think I hear an echo.Perhaps a good supply of latex gloves might just be the schizzle for Dave....We don't need no stinking slippers.

Perhaps a good supply of latex gloves might just be the schizzle for Dave....We don't need no stinking slippers.

Thanks for the latex idea, as many times as I clean dem old used records thay still seem kinda dirty to me.

No, and I mean no, Roxy Music.

A dram of single malt is always welcome, paired with any original Blue Note pressings.

Growler Boi does not like Roxy Music. He 'bout had a nervous breakdown when we threatened to play some the last time we all got together.

No, and I mean no, Roxy Music.

A dram of single malt is always welcome, paired with any original Blue Note pressings.

'For Your Pleasure' has never sounded better than the day I heard it on the Snells in David's basement! I believe we may have filled you in on that magic day! You had an appointment with a chainsaw....

Siren%20in%20Empire%20pool%20%28front%29.jpg

Last edited:
"...it would be so cool if we had a meet that met most of my personal needs."

Dude, we all have needs. Some want whirled peas. Some want the gorillas freed. I just can't do Roxy. It 'urts me brain.

Back
Top Bottom