Olympics

I never really paid attention to female hockey before but I gotta tell you they bring it....

Great job!!!!
I saw Canada take out OAR yesterday morning in a shutout. Good stuff! I believe Canada is playing USA next (women's), but I'd have to check to be sure.

Great win by the USA women in hockey. I wound up dvr'ing the overtime and watching it today.

Awesome game by both teams...

I'm a fan now!!!

Great win by the USA women in hockey. I wound up dvr'ing the overtime and watching it today.

Awesome game by both teams...

I'm a fan now!!!
That was a great game! The continuing rivalry really kept the energy levels in overdrive--both teams really wanted that win. Canada, though, looked a little tired in a few places, so it's not really a surprise USA prevailed there.

The men's games were a bit different. Canada's team kind of lost their drive in the second half of the semi-final game (they weren't generating much in the way of offense), but they rediscovered that spark in the bronze medal game and put on a hell of a fight to win it. Germany vs. OAR in the gold medal game was a tight one, with both teams scoring goals one right after the other. Germany was the surprise of the tournament, winning a lot more than they were expected to. OAR ended up winning that one in overtime. I guess I was rooting for OAR, partly due to a former Red Wing (Pavel Datsyuk) being on the team, and I think Igor Larionov (another former Red Wing, who played in three Stanley Cup tournaments for us) was on the coaching staff of OAR's team. No real surprise the OAR won it, due to a handful of former NHL players being on the team.

It was neat seeing USA win the gold in men's curling. Shuster and his team did a great job, another team that won against the odds--it definitely was their year. Canada's team did well, but not well enough to win a medal this time. (They lost vs. Switzerland for the bronze match.) Thanks to DVR flukes, I missed both the gold medal curling match in the mixed doubles, and the women's curling matches.

Back
Top Bottom