OMG.....fingers crossed.

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by 7.62, Feb 3, 2017.

1. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead

Nice setup ! Michael's also....Wow.

2. idadude

idadude Well-Known Member

That's fair. I'm usually a one-step-at-a-time guy too.
    Down the road it would be worth it to do a re-cap. I will be re-capping my QLS-2s this spring/summer. I will post the results.
    Take your time and enjoy your newfound treasures.

Larry D.

3. tomlinmgt

tomlinmgt AK Subscriber Subscriber

I gotta admit, recapping the Q1's was no trivial feat, so I can't blame the OP one bit for not wanting to dive right into the task. I didn't remove mine from the base (I couldn't compete with the tweaker at Infinity who had the staple gun), so the surgery was a little tight and maybe harder than it had to be. But even if I had removed the networks to make access easier, the whole process of disassembling the speakers and going through the pots (gotta do that while you're in there) was time consuming and borderline tedious. I'll be just fine if I never have to do that again. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it...but I doubt I would've heard the improvement (mostly in the mids and highs) had I not put such a concerted effort into improving my room acoustics.

chef free likes this.
  4. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger He knew not his hole, from an ass in the ground Subscriber

Congrats on having a great set of speakers. Glad you got them.

5. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead

Thanks Buck, I think the tweeker took the day when these were passing thru LOL. He was definitely on station with some 2.5's I had.