OMG!!! New MC1.25KW !!!

joeinid

http://www.stereosound.co.jp/review/article/2017/09/29/61116.html

● Brand name: Macintosh
● Product name: MC1.25KW
● Price: ¥ 3,800,000 (Pair, excluding tax)
● Release time: October 1st Release
of Magico's "M6" at the venue is "MC 1.2KW "McIntosh's power amplifier" MC1.25 KW "to be the successor of" MC 1.25 KW ".It is also 3 cabinet configurations per channel (total 6 cabinet with left and right channels!) It is a monaural machine (this unit is 2 chassis with left and right channels) next to the flagship "MC 2 KW", the design of the top board is bigger than before The company's motivation that attracts eyes is changing.Most of the inside of the output element, amplifier circuit etc. are being renewed from the conventional machine.Although I just arrived and no release etc was prepared, at the venue I listened to the sound and did not miss it

170929_TIAS_G502_03.jpg

Pretty certain it's genuine. I see it's got the Mc signature logo in the heat sinks like other new MAC7200/MA7200 products.

Not certain whether the 1.2K meter was used for the show or remain in regular production.

The MC1.2KW have been around a very long time. I am sure it was destined for an upgrade/update. Having what amounts to a half MC2KW, with upgrades, in a single chassis seems like an awesome idea. It's going to be hard to resist.

Oh I don't know, it don't look all that bad. I remember folks throwing a hissy fit about the cosmetics of the MC152 and MC301 - now a distant memory as both have been fully accepted.

I really doubt that's a hoax - look at the detail of the top plate, heat sinks, decals, etc.

Nice looking amp!! Looks like it may be the real deal, just sneaked out onto the web pre official launch announcement. Those heat sinks are damn sexy!!

I am excited at the prospect for new McIntosh gear. I have heard the MC2KW amps at Audio Classics and was absolutely blown away. If the new MC1.25KWs are anything like a half sized, single chassis per channel version of the MC2KW, these will truly be a game changer, and I hate that expression so please forgive me. I am excited for McIntosh's future and for us, who can reap the benefits of their hard work and longevity.

It looks like the McIntosh guys have been spending too much time with the people over at ARC. I don't care for or need the extra bling. I wasn't a fan of how Audio Research "updated" the look of their components a few years ago. Why mess with a classic and all the silly little extras are not needed.

Last edited:
We saw pictures of the MT-2 from the show in Germany months ago and it still hasn't been introduced here. So the MC 1.25K maybe the real deal.

It looks like the McIntosh guys have been spending too much time with the people over at ARC. I don't care for or need the extra bling. I wasn't a fan of how Audio Research "updated" the look of their components a few years ago. Why mess with a classic and all the silly little extras are not needed.
Are you kidding me? Audio Research and "bling" are mutually exclusive terms especially in context with the usual McIntosh glass panels with multi-color backlit escutcheons, BFMs and block diagrams festooned across the transformers. That amount of change gets you a pair of REF 250SE amps. BTW, the meter and controls beneath are primarily there for adjusting bias and monitoring line voltage.

ref250.jpg

If you want to blame someone, it's Livio Cucuzza of WOM:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom