Omron Relays at Digikey

Since we seem to have some people who are excellent at crossing relay numbers, I have a Matsushita Relay PN JC2aD-DC24V, 7A 250VAC that I need for my project M60.
I've never seen relay contacts in an amp look like a set of burned up ignition points before but whoever had this amp before must have liked to turn it up to 11 before the relay closed.

That looks like it would do except mine is a pin terminal to solder on to the board rather than spade for wire connections.
I'll have to poke around some more tonight and see if anything comes up.

Thanks guys, that's perfect!

I was looking at the Mouser page on my phone which isn't much good at all. I'll order a few of and do all of the amps as I go through them.

Sansui QRX-7001

I can confirm that the original relay is an Omron MY4-02-US-24DC

is that the same as a MY4-02 DC24?

I'm thinking I would like to replace it if a replacement is available rather than burnishing it as I seem to have had to do with all my other gear... got that little quirk where a couple channels will be soft until you turn volume up and back down again

Sansui QRX-7001

I can confirm that the original relay is an Omron MY4-02-US-24DC

is that the same as a MY4-02 DC24?

I'm thinking I would like to replace it if a replacement is available rather than burnishing it as I seem to have had to do with all my other gear... got that little quirk where a couple channels will be soft until you turn volume up and back down again

OK a little help here would be appreciated

does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the pins on a MY4-02 DC24? I'm pretty sure this is the replacement, but the datasheet does not have enough information to confirm. Pinout looks correct.

Unfortunately I was unable to Deoxit the relay to make it reliable (no way to drag paper through the contacts that are used) and two of four channels are flaky.

Thanks!

You could jumper the contacts to insure your prognosis is correct. Maybe you did.
Can't help on the replacement part.

The pinout is the same, I just don't know if it'll fit on the PCB and don't really have any way of knowing short of ordering one and trying it, guess if I don't get a response soon I'll just suck it up since my Luxman needs a relay as well...

I just got a response from Omron IA support that my guess was correct, so we can confirm that the protection relay for a Sansui QRX-7001 (and possibly other units)

Sansui P/N 1150101
Original Omron P/N MY4-02-US-24DC (FSM says something different, but I'm looking at the Elektrotanya copy and it's not great, looks like MY4-00?-?4)
Current Omron P/N MY4-02 DC24

I also got a better cut sheet than is on Omron's web site that actually has the exact dimensions and spacing of the pins on a MY relay if anyone wants a copy or if there's a good place to stash it here for reference

Glad this was confirmed as I already ordered the relay :)

now that I've got a good contact at Omron I may try again re: my Marantz 1070 and HK 700 series preamp (both of them had to have some serious s**t done to the contacts to get them to work reliably)

I just got a response from Omron IA support that my guess was correct, so we can confirm that the protection relay for a Sansui QRX-7001 (and possibly other units)

Sansui P/N 1150101
Original Omron P/N MY4-02-US-24DC (FSM says something different, but I'm looking at the Elektrotanya copy and it's not great, looks like MY4-00?-?4)
Current Omron P/N MY4-02 DC24

I also got a better cut sheet than is on Omron's web site that actually has the exact dimensions and spacing of the pins on a MY relay if anyone wants a copy or if there's a good place to stash it here for reference

Glad this was confirmed as I already ordered the relay :)

now that I've got a good contact at Omron I may try again re: my Marantz 1070 and HK 700 series preamp (both of them had to have some serious s**t done to the contacts to get them to work reliably)

100% confirmed, installed, and working.

I can see now that the paper trick was never going to work on this relay as there's a plastic barrier between each set of contacts, so you can only ever clean the two outboard NO contacts (the NO ones are the ones that carry the audio signal; the NC ones are all connected together, shorted to ground I guess?

if a replacement matches up in V's dc etc but not a match for the pc "VE have Vey's" :D got some resistor stock and can always tack on some leads and bend new leads. Not butt ugly either. have done a couple like that and the usual 6 leads I'm used to were just off the pcb a little more. sorry no pics but resistor wire is good as already to be soldered for a fast tack.

the NC (Normally Closed) solder pins are clipped off.

@EchoWars has probably said this in lots of places, but I couldn't find an exact match for my sitation. So, I'm just repeating his advice with enough keywords that the next person might find this quickly.

I am rebuilding a Kenwood KA-9150, the bronze face version of the Kenwood KA-9100. I am replacing the speaker protection relay on the power / protection board (and every single component on that hard-to-reach board). The relay is a MY4-02DC24 and the Mouser part I ordered was the 653-MY4-02DC24.

The replacement part has one row of pins too many, as seen in the following photos. It looks like the original part's extra row of pins was just cut off and EW states in several places that "you just cut off the NC pins". That would make this part fit perfectly into the original board.

IMG_4402_small.jpg
IMG_4408_small.jpg
IMG_4410_small.jpg
IMG_4411_samll.jpg

@EchoWars

The replacement part has one row of pins too many, as seen in the following photos. It looks like the original part's extra row of pins was just cut off and EW states in several places that "you just cut off the NC pins". That would make this part fit perfectly into the original board.

The exact same trick applies to Sony TA-N7B amps (and many family members thereof)

Hi all, I have Technics SA-5760 that may need a replacement replay.

The relay says LY2, then follows -0-US-20. Can someone please confirm that it's a 24VDC relay coil for Omron LY2 relay? Thank you!

Hi all, I have Technics SA-5760 that may need a replacement replay.

The relay says LY2, then follows -0-US-20. Can someone please confirm that it's a 24VDC relay coil for Omron LY2 relay? Thank you!

Normally the voltage of the relay is also printed on the tape wrapped around the coil; isn't that the case for your relay?

Normally the voltage of the relay is also printed on the tape wrapped around the coil; isn't that the case for your relay?

I'll check when I'll get home tonight. It has a metal shield all around it, and I haven't pulled it out yet - just read what was prined on the top.

It's the same relay as ebay 322941069645

That's a good reference photo to work from. Quite strange marking it is, because the LY relays are for DC only made as 12/24/48/100/110V, in which the marking is normally something like LY2-0-DC24 (the 0 in the middle stands for PCB pin).

That marking of yours may suggest a custom version made for Technics, perhaps 20Vdc (but why?)

Now, the LY datasheet states that the "must-operate voltage" is at 80% max, meaning that a 24Vdc relay will always be on at 19.2V; so a regular 24 Vdc relay may work if your original relay would be 20Vdc. A bit of circuit tweaking might help things further (or alternatively to lower the voltage to the relay to 12V so that a 12V relay could be installed)

But before anything else, some circuit diagram would be required.
Or simpler.... measuring the voltage across the existing relay while it is on... that would solve the voltage rating question very quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom