One Less Golden Arches

th

In recent years ... about the only thing I picked up at McD's has been the Dinner Box on rare occasions. Good amount of food for a sawbuck.

th

As a young man ... I use to eat the Big Mac meal for lunch several times a week ... it was cheap & tasted better back then ... or did it? :idea: No way I would eat a Big Mac multiple times a week now.

Last edited:
Could go a little ways towards solving the energy crisis by closing the entire chain down. Run busses off the grease traps for years and all those cars idling in the drive thru, we'll they could stay home and actually cook their own food.. :bigok:

Get off my lawn!

:D

Recent article in the WSJ how Mickey D's has been losing ground to "fresh" beef places such as Elevation Burger, Smash Burger, and, yes, even Wendy's. McD's switch to fresh (i.e., non-frozen) beef for its quarter pounders is an attempt to claw back market share.

Never been to these places. No Elevation Burger around my neck of the woods ... there is a Smash Burger in Columbus Ohio ... I'll have to check that out ... if I go down there for record hunting this year.

There's been a McDonalds in this town, two different locations that I can remember, and I've never gone to either. I've eaten food from the newest one, our salesman will grab a bag of breakfast burritos and bring them to work now and then, but never chose the restaurant as a destination.

They time every phase of the process.

Ever wonder why they ask you to pull ahead even if your food isn't ready? And you thought it was to be nice to the guys behind you. ;)

Oh, I understand that everything is timed, and I understand why. But that timing shouldn't involve driving ice picks into the ears of your customers.

As an aside, has anybody seen the Wendy's Twitter person who's been trolling McDonalds? It's pretty funny:

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/mon...r-over-mcdonald's-'fresh-beef'-plan/99870188/

bs

I'd gladly double my statin if I could have a sausage mcmuffin for breakfast every morning...beyond that I have absolutely no use for the Golden Arches. InNOut is just 10 mins away.

When I buy burgers, I'd rather fund the local folks than a national chain -
5Guys is a locally started chain

Virtually all chains were locally started.
Sure, and until they get too big for their britches, cut corners, and foul up the product, I'll continue to enjoy them.
Jerry's Subs were better when they were one little shop near the Wheaton Triangle (Wheaton, Md.) - franchising killed them for me.

Sure, and until they get too big for their britches, cut corners, and foul up the product, I'll continue to enjoy them.
Jerry's Subs were better when they were one little shop near the Wheaton Triangle (Wheaton, Md.) - franchising killed them for me.
I remember going to the original Jerry's in Wheaton back in high school (~1970). Big Jerry was behind the cash register and we'd flip a coin, double or nothing, for a ham, steak and cheese sub. Great fun. It's no better than Subway nowadays.

Right. Here, we have the St Louis Bread Company that started here as a local restaurant 30 years ago. It sold about 6 years later and became the Panera Bread Company in the rest of the country. It has done very well and the quality is good. It just recently sold again. Time will tell if they go for quality or profit. I hope the buying company does a better job with them than they did with Krispy Kreme.

Wait a minute:idea:
...wasn't that a song by the 5'th Dimension?

One less
....Golden Arches
One less
...French Fry
One less
....bell to answ...
OK, maybe not

Back
Top Bottom