One-page flyer for AK Fest 2005?

tubino

A guy with too many tubes
I was thinking a PDF flyer for the event would be really handy. I live in easy driving distance of Detroit area, and was in a record shop today. What a great place to pull in some attendance with a flyer! Toledo has so little to choose from for audio equipment, and we might get some folks from here to see what else is out there from lesser-known manufacturers, DIY, etc.

If I have time to make one, I will, but ... anyone out there with some actual design talent would put my efforts to shame. Any volunteers?

This could have the effect of...

none at all, to...

...a line of people around the block. ;) ...

...to 'hands up, and fork over the spendy gear!' :pistols:

You want the general public coming in? In Detroit?

Don't mean to sound paranoid, but while this isn't a private affair, it isn't totally public either.

But maybe the record store deal isn't such a bad idea. I dunno...need some more input guys.

Risk/Reward?

A corollary to this may be the number of new members being banned, of late. I think it is one thing to personally refer a friend to AK Fest, but to post a notice, even in your favourite record shop, risks much more trouble than good. To a certain extent, my reputation rides on whom I refer to AK, or anywhere else, for that matter, so I would be loath to post such a notice. Even 'word of mouth' can spread beyond one's control, with unhappy consequences.

Just my $.02

I believe there is a vast difference between who might drive just over an hour to go to an audio weekend and who might take 3 minutes and log onto a forum site.

The former seems like the kind of guy that might be a very welcome addition or who could really enjoy the different gear and people gathering for such an esoteric reason.

My opinion may be skewed. Being from Toledo, I like the idea of pulling those people out of the woodwork. Having a few more local audio contacts would be nice.

P.S. - nice Avatar Tubino!

To draw some folks from Toledo, put a flyer in Tony Packo's on Front Street. While you are there, get a dog with some pickles and peppers.

Doc

hmmmm

tough call, seeing as there will be food and personal gear displayed, maybe not best to mass advertise. on the other hand, inviting other enthusiasts is a good idea, perhaps choosing carefully who to advertise with may be the best approach, i.e., asking audioclassics and other sponsors to advertise.... also, maybe hit the audio stores around det or reasonably nearby cities. or we charge a fee and get some radio spots with grumpy's home number! :thmbsp:

Unfortunately this year there will be a $5.00 fee or $7.50 for both days. There was no way to do it otherwise.

Can non members attend ? Last year i posed this same questions to the members.

The consensus was no BUT we turned no one away last year and we will not start now.

This "happening" was started and will always be for the members of this site. Again we will welcome all members and their guests or just audio enthusiast. However we ask that all attendee respect the wishes of the vendors and members with displaying systems and NOT touch anything they are not invited to.

Grumpy

Hi all, I reconsidered even before all the nicely-worded responses above. I think a little word-of-mouth at the personal level with some audio enthusiasts is fine, and that's as far as I'm going with it. Thanks for the responses.

Back
Top Bottom