One streaming source to rule them all?

Samsung Avant>BubbleUPnP>Chromecast Audio>Sys. Concepts Toslink>Schiit Modi 2 Uber>Denon AVR>Signet SL260/Signet SL250/Signet LCR/Velodyne CT-100.

No such thing exists yet. No digital rules them all. Must play on all streaming hardware, all PC (Windows, Linux, and BSD), all iPads and tablets, all Macs, all servers, all smartphones (Apple and Android variants), must be lossless compatible, NO DRM, must be high quality. We need plays on every reasonable thing. All software reasonably modern of the user's choosing. iTunes is not it. Apple music is NOT IT. Every OS, every platform, all must play on all. Must be 16 bit/44.1 Khz or higher minimum. Car audio must have the option to gracefully convert to MP3 or WMA.

Last edited:
Well I did some testing last night and it is without a doubt some kind of issue with the Netflix app on the Samsung itself. I streamed Netflix from my PS4, and no audio problems at all. Only problem is my PS4 doesn't stream 4K. Why does everything have to be a hassle? I am going to hold off and just wait until the XBOX ONE-S comes out on 08/31 and purchase that to use as my main hub. I am sure it will have the apps I am wanting plus I can stream 4K from it. I might get a Chromecast or a Roku stick to try as well because I need one in my bedroom anyway.
Have you tried to delete the app and download it again? The Samsung apps can get a bit wonky after updates. Also, you may want to take a look at the Nvidia Shield:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/apps/

Back
Top Bottom