One thing you sold that you regret

Dynamicmad

I just want it to sound good
Whether it's a set a speakers a receiver or anything audio related that you have sold you wish you could have back

Last edited:
I have never regret selling anything... Although I came close do selling my TD-124, and am I ever glad I didn't!

I just mentioned this in another thread...of all the components and speakers I've sold over the years, the only one I regret letting go is a Pioneer SX-1250 that I had lovingly restored. While it was a good sounding receiver, my regret is really tied to what a perfect representative it was of a bygone era in audio history...an era in which I was coming of age, and in which I first became seriously interested in music and in audio gear.

I just mentioned this in another thread...of all the components and speakers I've sold over the years, the only one I regret letting go is a Pioneer SX-1250 that I had lovingly restored. While it was a good sounding receiver, my regret is really tied to what a perfect representative it was of a bygone era in audio history...an era in which I was coming of age, and in which I first became seriously interested in music and in audio gear.

I never had the big pioneer but I liked everyone I ever had I would take any of them back

Boston Acoustics A400 speakers; they were in great condition. Had to sell 9 years ago to make space in a new home. I've been kicking myself for 9 years.

I never had the big pioneer but I liked everyone I ever had I would take any of them back

Interestingly, I also owned an SX-1980...the big kahuna. But I don't regret selling that one. In my mind, the SX-1250 was the best receiver they ever built...and such an icon. But it's unlikely that I will buy another one, for the same reason I let the first one go - no good use for it. I try not to keep anything that doesn't get used.

My Teres Audio 225 with an Eminent Technology II arm and Dynavector 17D3 cartridge. Actually I tore that whole system apart and et go an Art Audio Diavolo and Cabasse Catalene 500.....which I really regret. All three were wonderful pieces... and I didn't mention the audible Illusions 3A either. Sigh.

Regards
Mister Pig

I regret selling my Musical Fidelity V-DAC II on ebay earlier this year. Not because it was such a great DAC, but because it was working when I sold it and it supposedly wasn't working when the dude received it. I'm pretty sure the buyer swapped out the board and left me with a dud. :mad:

Other than that I haven't regretted selling anything so far.

I regret selling my PA system and amps. The money I could have made with it far exceeds what I got for it.

I regret selling some thrift store ADS L710s. Not because I need them or because I didn't get a decent return, but just because I should have spent a little more time with them first. Most of what I decide to flip, I spend some time getting to know first. These were worth getting to know but I flipped quick due to a cash crunch.

Sony TC 880 R2R
I got good money for it.
Which I used to finance my colonoscopy.
Still, I keep thinking that could have been my last deck to hang onto... :(

I had a set of AR LSTs the 1st version with 9 drivers per cab..probably 20 yrs ago I let them go:no::nono:..still smarts. They needed some repairs and the wealth of info/knowledge/parts just wasn't as accessible as it is today.

i regret selling my audiotechnia AD700's not because I sold them but because if i'd waited a couple months they went out of production (in favor of the new AD700X ..that some don't like as well) driving the price up on AD700's quite a bit.. oh well sold them for about what I paid for them.

My soul, to Rock and Roll! Seriously though, I gave my brother my 1st receiver, a flea watt Kenwood, (can't even remember the model) decades ago, I would not mind having it now.

I regret selling my very late model Onkyo T-9090 MkII. It was literally one of the last ones available new since it was discontinued. It took me forever at the time to actually find a company that had one in stock.

I regret selling my Musical Fidelity V-DAC II on ebay earlier this year. Not because it was such a great DAC, but because it was working when I sold it and it supposedly wasn't working when the dude received it. I'm pretty sure the buyer swapped out the board and left me with a dud. :mad:

Other than that I haven't regretted selling anything so far.

You should list "sold as is" and "no retruns". I have a no return policy and people still buy my stuff.

My Infinity RS 2.5's and my Nak.CA 7A pre amp.
I would love to have those speakers back.
The Nak CA 7A due to it's phono section. I thought I needed the $$ but looking back I really didn't need it that bad.
Stupid Bucky.

Last edited:
My mortal soul. oh wait the op said audio. I would have to say my kenwood model eleven gx. One big kenwood receiver i will always miss.

Back
Top Bottom