One thing you sold that you regret

I did that, too. Many years later I ran across the radio's identical twin on eBay and bought it. It's not quite the same as owning the exact radio that she used, but it still triggers many happy memories of her.

I wish I could get Grandma's little Nordmende "Rigoletto" back...

I sold and have been depressed for 42 years now about it. Braun LV 1020, tri-amplified speakers. Bought them new at Pacific Stereo in Salt Lake. The best sounding speaker I have ever heard. However, my ears were probably a bit better then as well.

Last edited:
Pioneer SX-1050

I had given my friend a great deal on two pairs of Cerwin-Vega D-9's. The combined load from running both pairs however wasn't being handled well by the little Yamaha HT receiver he was using. So I "sold" him the SX-1050 I had for basically no money, with the idea that he was going to give it back to me once he got a more powerful unit of his own.

The SX-1050 itself was a unit I picked up for $10 at the local flea market ~12 years ago. It had something broken in the preamp section but the amp section worked great. My friend uses his Yamaha receiver as a preamp and the Pioneer receiver as an amp. Well... a decade later and my friend is still using the exact same setup, and hasn't given the SX-1050 back. Not sure if I "regret" giving it to him or not, since he has certainly got a lot of use out of it, but just the same, I'd love to have it back and get that thing restored back to it's original beauty.

Sold a pair of mint VTL Tiny Triodes with silver faceplates for $550. They're near impossible to find on the used market now. When they do come up, they sell for significantly more than what I sold them for. I guess they really were limited editions. :-(

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I regret selling my Grant Fidelity RITA 880s amp. But she did go to a good home who really appreciates her! :)

Purely for sentimental reasons, I should not have sold my Kenwood KA-3500 integrated amp -- first real stereo I ever owned.

Problem is I don't sell anything!! (yet). I might have a problem:scratch2:. Gave some stuff away but have no regrets.

Not that I wish I'd lugged them around all these years, but if I could get my DIY corner horns back, I'd build another corner in the entranceway, and the horns would be behind the Quads....

picture.php

^^^ Gotta use your imagination.

Best of both worlds!

(like Country AND Western!) :banana:

I sold my ...

Wollensak 4765 cassette deck for next to nothing. Never found one that sounds as good.

Paul

haven't sold anything that i didn't regret, but i did pitch a set of shack t-120 tower speakers that i had bought new in 1985 due to bad foams, of coarse this was before i new about re-foaming, and well before having a computer/internet access..............:tears:

A Kenwood KA-7100, and why I recently purchased a KA-7300. Not exactly the same, but looks the part and actually sounds better, with the pre outs being a big part of the decision over a replacement 7100.

Back
Top Bottom