Onkyo 5160 / eBay treasure

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
Now I am going to brag a little. . . I paid 102.00 for this absolutly perfect 5160 Onkyo amp. Not a scratch anywhere. . . New seller with a FB of 7 and a piss poor description , understated is the word.
I am not familiar with this amp but I always liked the looks of it. . . Rated at 150x2. . .Thats about all I know. I checked the offset . . .under 3mV both sides. . .Anyone know this guy? I will hook her up this weekend to my RTRs after I get the woofers refoamed (tonight if I get to it) I have a Apt-Holman Preamp and a very nice Micro-Seiki TT that I am going to put together for my garage system, music for this winters hobbies. . .Most likely my T-9090 tuner will go in there too. . .

Dust

What looks like chips in the finish are dust particles. . . I mean this guy looks brand new. . . No box or manual but how hard can it be??

Nice amp, even nicer price.

I think member TroyD (good friend of mine) has one also, and it's up for grabs. I also believe he has the matching preamp w/ remote.

Cheers,
Russ

PS, our little packaged arrived safely, and the guy is THRILLED, thanks again.

Make everyone nuts

PS, our little packaged arrived safely, and the guy is THRILLED

He should be. . . .

We have more buisness to do if I can STOP buying everything in site and concentrate on just what I want. . .

that amp looks very similar in build to my onkyo M-501. might be an earlier or later model of it, i'm not sure. but its a solid amp with gobs of power for the price. congrats.

The seller said he bought it new in 87. . . I noticed where he sold his entire Onkyo system at this time and went to 5.1. . . I am anxious to put her to work this weekend.

I HAD a 5160 that I sold about six months ago.

I currently have an M-501 sitting in the closet with an Onk preamp.

Other than not being crazy about spring clips, it's not bad at all.

BDT

Spring clips

not being crazy about spring clips

I heard that. . . . If I keep it and find I like it enough I must remedy that as I use Banana plugs, change amps too much and it is almost a necessity for me at this point. . . I will know after this weekend.

One things for certain it is absolutly perfect, would pass for new, even smells new inside. . . I got lucky with this one I think. . .

I have an M-5160 & M-5140 (150 wpc & 105 wpc). Yes, from around 1987. The M-501 seems little different in and out.
I would be willing to sell mine, I'm trying to pare the collection.

Does the power indicator light sweep left to right like "kit's" car in Night Rider!?!? :D :D

Real nice looking amp from the front. Looks like Onkyo skimped on the speaker binders though:( . I bet it has clean power.

lights

Actually the light is much dimmer than that picture. . .Looks very nice. . .Kinda cool, no it is not kit like but its hell on bugs. . .LOL. . .

Back
Top Bottom