Oppo Digital Folding.

75" Sony XBR900 with a fully active array and HDR as well as 5.1.4 Atmos!
Very nice, after a long road of bad batches of 4K TVs I said screw it and bought a totl LG Oled , I haven’t been this impressed with a picture since my pioneer elite Kuro tv .

Audiofreak71

Very nice, after a long road of bad batches of 4K TVs I said screw it and bought a totl LG Oled , I haven’t been this impressed with a picture since my pioneer elite Kuro tv .

Audiofreak71
The OLEDs are super impressive, no doubt. The one I wanted was out of my budget!

The OLEDs are super impressive, no doubt. The one I wanted was out of my budget!
Yeah they were out of my budget for awhile also but they came down enough in price for me to go for it . There are so many different variations of TVs now it makes my head spin , gone are the days of the good ole plasmas where you were guaranteed to get inky blacks and no motion blur or DSE (dirty screen effect), seems like you now have to get next to totl or the totl to get an above average picture without any of the above mentioned issues.

Audiofreak71

Yeah they were out of my budget for awhile also but they came down enough in price for me to go for it . There are so many different variations of TVs now it makes my head spin , gone are the days of the good ole plasmas where you were guaranteed to get inky blacks and no motion blur or DSE (dirty screen effect), seems like you now have to get next to totl or the totl to get an above average picture without any of the above mentioned issues.

Audiofreak71
Agreed. It was a sad day when my TOTL Samsung Plasma died, and mine wasn't one of the ones that suffered from bad caps in the power supply. The Sony has been a nice upgrade and black level is a strength - something I'm a stickler for. It's built in scaler is pretty damn impressive. I have my AVP set to pass signals through native as its scaler pales in comparison. I have the 205 set to UHD Auto. The Sony isn't Dolby Vision compatible, and I've not personally seen a DV demo ... but it's hard to imagine an improved picture over what we have now.

Agreed. It was a sad day when my TOTL Samsung Plasma died, and mine wasn't one of the ones that suffered from bad caps in the power supply. The Sony has been a nice upgrade and black level is a strength - something I'm a stickler for. It's built in scaler is pretty damn impressive. I have my AVP set to pass signals through native as its scaler pales in comparison. I have the 205 set to UHD Auto. The Sony isn't Dolby Vision compatible, and I've not personally seen a DV demo ... but it's hard to imagine an improved picture over what we have now.
Yeah the Oppo is an amazing player at doing it’s job and that Sony you have is a great 4K tv. Hopefully Sony jumps on the DV bandwagon soon and can implement a software upgrade so there 4K TVs can utilize that format because honestly DV is absolutely stunning and I too couldn’t imagine anything better than a good 4K hdr picture, however DV is that good , the difference is that it’s not constant with the scenes in a movie where as hdr is , so it’s more subtle and natural but when you see it you’ll know .

I wouldn’t say your really truly missing out because in order to really take advantage of DV we need to have 12 bit panels and right now we’re maxed at 10 bit , so my opinion is that your good for a while until 12 bit panels come out and get the bugs out and then we’ll be looking at 8k smh where and when will this madness stop lol .

Audiofreak71

Yeah the Oppo is an amazing player at doing it’s job and that Sony you have is a great 4K tv. Hopefully Sony jumps on the DV bandwagon soon and can implement a software upgrade so there 4K TVs can utilize that format because honestly DV is absolutely stunning and I too couldn’t imagine anything better than a good 4K hdr picture, however DV is that good , the difference is that it’s not constant with the scenes in a movie where as hdr is , so it’s more subtle and natural but when you see it you’ll know .

I wouldn’t say your really truly missing out because in order to really take advantage of DV we need to have 12 bit panels and right now we’re maxed at 10 bit , so my opinion is that your good for a while until 12 bit panels come out and get the bugs out and then we’ll be looking at 8k smh where and when will this madness stop lol .

Audiofreak71
My next upgrade will be a Cadenza Black ....

Back
Top Bottom