Optimus Nova 67 Headphones alive again!

johnda

Addicted Member
The Nova 67 Headphones have been with me for about 17 years. I have also had Sennheizer 414 and Koss Pro 4AA Headphones. The Novas were really great, but the foam on the right channel ripped and they ended up in the drawer. I happened to come across an EBay add for replacement foam pieces and I sent for them. Unfortunately the pieces were too small, but it got me to really try to fix them. I googled the hell out the question and found that some people used Crazy Glue to fix their foam rips.

I had Crazy Glue! I removed the foam pieces and by gingerly using Crazy Glue on the tears, I was able to repair and wear them once more on my head! I have now been listening to my new Yamaha R-N402 internet receiver for a solid hour and the sound is wonderful! I had forgotten how good they sounded, but now I am happy again!

P.S. The jack has the word "KOSS" on it, so this headphone was built for Radio Shack by Koss. Interesting.

Last edited:
Always nice to get reacquainted with a treasured old friend. Nicely done! Congratulations, and enjoy!

Radio Shack had some decent gear (and well stocked stores) at one time.
I miss my old 414's I bought back in '82 then lost a few years later while in school at Humboldt.
Their simple, practical, light and durable construction made me a Senny fan for life and was only surpassed by the few years of great sound they provided to a kid.

Back
Top Bottom