options to buy : Pioneer sa-9800 , or Sansui AU-717 ?

mauroconga

hi...(Y)
i have two options to buy ... an AU 717, and SA-9800
in the past, i´m owner of an au 717, but i never hear the 9800, and not is possible listen it because the amp are located in other country...
anyone suggestions to decide ? :D

The 9800 is worth more and will be worth much more in the future than the 717. It's also rarer and harder to find. 717 are everywhere and I have two but only one 9800 (and it would be expensive to buy a 9800, even one not working, where as 717s are all over and prices are steady). So as a collector, the 9800 wins.
As for sound, they are very close. The 9800 is a newer design so it sound cleaner and has a lower noise floor. The 717 has a little more bass flat but the 9800 can catch up by using the bass controls plus it has more watts. If you listen to records then the 9800 has the better phono amp.
Either way, they are both very nice. Buy the one that looks best to you.

The AU-717 must be reconditioned because of the corrosive glue. It would depend on condition of units. SA-9800 is silver AU-717 is black. SA-9800 is supposed to have excellent phono stage.
For me I would not worry about sound or even looks they are both great it would be condition and price.

Back
Top Bottom