Optonica RP-4705

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by kydog, Sep 7, 2012.

1. kydog

kydog Member

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag:yes: The Optonica Rp-4705 is one huge sleeper of a table. I finally had a chance to hook it up ( Replacing my Akai AP-206) Wow!!! Maybe the glass lid or the recessed platter? The nice solid arm or the heavy base:scratch2: This turntable is so isolated it picks up every note with loud and precise clarity. I mean when I placed the stylus down it startled me that there appeared to be no loss of music/power from the pickup through the speakers:music:

The music passage jumped out of the Snell EII's ( Onkyo A5 phono). I've heard a lot of tables but this is the first one that to my ears that I could truly appreciate the meaning of "Isolation" When it comes to Turntables. It has a "nothing special audio tech" Cartridge mounted on it but man this table is special:thmbsp:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. DustyOldPile

DustyOldPile Vinyl Goddess

3. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

That's one sharp looking turntable. :thmbsp:
  4. kydog

kydog Member

Thanks for the replies:thmbsp: This Optonica ( Sharp)T.T Actually sounds better than it looks and that's saying something:yes::yes::music:
  5. rpwalker

rpwalker New Member

Forgive my ignorance. What do I need to do with the small wire along side the red and yellow RCA plugs for the rp-4705 TT?
  6. Mawerick

Mawerick New Member

^it's a grounding wire, you attach it to your receiver or preamp.
  7. vuckozagi

vuckozagi New Member

2 years later

Does anybody have specs, or at east overhang value for Optonica RP-4705?

8. Balifly

Balifly Listening Subscriber

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Have a look in the owner's or service manual of other Optonica models.

They may have similar configurations and share set up information. :scratch2:

Vinylengine's library have owner and service manuals for several Optonica direct drive with S/J arm models.

9. Oerets

Oerets AK Subscriber Subscriber

Optonica! Yes a sleeper brand, but well worth the listen.

Good pickup!