1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Optonica RP-4705

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by kydog, Sep 7, 2012.

1. kydog

kydog Super Member

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag:yes: The Optonica Rp-4705 is one huge sleeper of a table. I finally had a chance to hook it up ( Replacing my Akai AP-206) Wow!!! Maybe the glass lid or the recessed platter? The nice solid arm or the heavy base:scratch2: This turntable is so isolated it picks up every note with loud and precise clarity. I mean when I placed the stylus down it startled me that there appeared to be no loss of music/power from the pickup through the speakers:music:

The music passage jumped out of the Snell EII's ( Onkyo A5 phono). I've heard a lot of tables but this is the first one that to my ears that I could truly appreciate the meaning of "Isolation" When it comes to Turntables. It has a "nothing special audio tech" Cartridge mounted on it but man this table is special:thmbsp:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. DustyOldPile

DustyOldPile Vinyl Goddess

3. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

That's one sharp looking turntable. :thmbsp:

4. kydog

kydog Super Member

Thanks for the replies:thmbsp: This Optonica ( Sharp)T.T Actually sounds better than it looks and that's saying something:yes::yes::music:

5. rpwalker

rpwalker New Member

Forgive my ignorance. What do I need to do with the small wire along side the red and yellow RCA plugs for the rp-4705 TT?

6. Mawerick

Mawerick Active Member

^it's a grounding wire, you attach it to your receiver or preamp.

7. vuckozagi

vuckozagi New Member

2 years later

Does anybody have specs, or at east overhang value for Optonica RP-4705?

Thanks

8. Balifly

Balifly Listening Subscriber

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Have a look in the owner's or service manual of other Optonica models.

They may have similar configurations and share set up information. :scratch2:

Vinylengine's library have owner and service manuals for several Optonica direct drive with S/J arm models.

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/sharp-optonica.shtml

9. Oerets

Oerets AK Subscriber Subscriber

Optonica! Yes a sleeper brand, but well worth the listen.

Good pickup!

Barney