Original 1985 Layaway Receipt for my Black LaScala's

I’m very lucky that mine has no issue with what I put in the basement, or temporarily on the dining room table. To be honest, I think she enjoys these experiments almost as much as me!

Mine was like that. As long as she didn't say "That looks like shit" or words to that effect, I could bring it home, fix it up and eventually sell it (haven't done that yet) 14 consoles in a 1100 sqft rancher, and a 1000sqft basement. And ALL of the 7 FISHER's UPSTAIRS! She only got upset once, and I asked her if she preferred that I go downtown and "act like a 19 year old sailor on a Westpac cruise that just pulled into Bangkok for it's 1st liberty, get falling down drunk, hook up with some LBFM (Little Brown FU**ing Machine), and come home with the clap or worse?" (I had been disability retired a year at that point). Her answer was "Nope". Plus it helped that I was spending my $$ that I got for cutting grass. So it didn't come out of the bill, house pymt, food or gas $$. After that she got real interested in what I was bringing home, looking over my shoulder while on CL, and commenting "I like that one" or "that's cute" every once in a while. If she said that, I bought it. She loved the smaller Stereo consoles, and the MONO Uprights that she could put doilies, knick knacks, or flowers on a baking sheet over a towel. She didn't much care for the newer larger lowboy consoles, so about 1/2 of my consoles are MONO's from the 50's and they all work. I started using them 24/7 after she died in Oct. and I still do for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom