Oscar viewership down 19%.

What did Steely Dan say?

"Show biz kids making movies
Of themselves you know they
Don't give a f**k about anybody else"

It's not working so well these days.

I was suffering with a bad cold. It still was better than suffering though a night of insufferable insufferables telling the world how insufferable I might be because I don't think the same way they do. The only reason any of the top movies were even heard of is because they were ponied out day after day during the run up to the Oscars. They aren't movies most movie goers will ever see, or might choose to see on their own. And I have a very eclectic taste in movies.

Movies are for entertainment, despite what Hollywood might think. It is a rare movie that is actually worthy enough to change the world.

I was building a new pegboard cabinet with dual sliding pegboard doors. It seems like a better use of my day and evening.

It is actually necessary since I closed my woodshop across the street, and gifted the original one that now resides in Arkansas.

Yep, much better use of my time than watching the Oscars.

IMG_20180306_165239.jpg

IMG_20180306_164020.jpg

Time to populate it with tools. It's deep enough for my screw guns and nail guns.

Do I get an Oscar for this?

IMG_20180306_170040.jpg

I can't think of a quicker way to kill off this once gala affair by the way this labourious event is now presented.

As mentioned, politics are rampant both in the choosing and within the different deliveries, with each lobbying for their private issues/biases.

The self serving elites faun and prance their time on the stage, each attempting to out do each other is so evident.

On the bright side, they did declare the right winner of the best movie this time around, so it's not all bad.

Q

Last edited:
I can't think of a quicker way to kill off this once gala affair by the way this labourious event is now presented.

As mentioned, politics are rampant both in the choosing and within the different deliveries, with each lobbying for their private issues/biases.

The self serving elites faun and prance their time on the stage, each attempting to out do each other is so evident.

On the bright side, they did declare the right winner of the best movie this time around, so it's not all bad.

Q

The creature from the black lagoon gets a girlfriend is the best movie? :rolleyes:

The creature from the black lagoon gets a girlfriend is the best movie? :rolleyes:

Some think so....some. The critics.:rolleyes:

But who are we to be picky, because we just pay the $ to go to the movies, not the ones who create them, making exorbitant $$$$ in the process.

Q

Last edited:
I just don't have time for new movies anymore . I have though started watching old movies on cable . Since I have a bunch of channels that show them . I just watched "The Stranger" with Orson Welles and Edgar G Robinson . It was good .
I always go to TCM first.

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

ROTFLMAO!!!! I was just thinking the same thing.

Such a tender love scene.
5F4210BF-7B0A-4218-AAB3-A54842EF2B8A.jpeg

There is an interesting story about the “creature” suit. After the movie was completed the suit was given to one of the set crew. He let his son wear it on Halloween. There was hell to pay. It scared other children out trick-or-treating so bad many of them crapped themselves. Their parents were not amused. :rant:

Last edited:
When the greatest movie drama's are not made in Hollywood any more.

But the Oscars are really just about Hollywood and doesn't really celebrate movie making excellence, in general.

Btw, I certainly didn't expect to go into a thread about the Oscars and see a mention of a movie with Adam Cheng. Being originally from Hong Kong, I have enjoyed his work for as long as I can remember (he has been a star since the 70s). The man is a true all-around entertainer....an accomplished actor in both dramas and comedies, a dancer, and a singer. You could've caught him in concert at the Reno Event Center several years back.

Back
Top Bottom