our bio

Dirk Willims

greetings, new to the site, and loving it. I guess we're supposed to do an intro. Here my boring story.

Was born and raised in Roseville/Rocklin,Calif. spent most of my time at our cabin on Donner Summit, off of interstate I-80. Back then we could ride our Dirt Bikes up and down the railroad tracks, we would ride from Rocklin To Serene Lakes via the tracks.

Hunting fishing, hiking Skiing Down hill and XC,were in my blood. River swimming, early mountain biking cub scouts, Boy Scouts, then the Navy from 1975 to 1983. Last stationed at VQ-2 in ROTA Spain. 79 to 83.

Came home in april83, moved straight to the cabin and skied the entire summer. " the snow was Donner Party deep" had to kick climb the 60/70 foot snow bank using two claw hammers as axes. Then dig down to the second story door, to get in.

Great year of skiing. Went to work in Sacramento, as a A-10 Warthog Jet mechanic, at Mc Cellan AFB. Also went into the army reserves, in Nevada City. A collassal waste of time. But I did got some killer further mountaineering skills. Sets.

Somehow I became a police officer and a deputy sheriff. 25 years worth. I could never figure that one out, I was a wild,child growing up.

Married my best friends girlfriend when I got home, " another story" she's been my girl, best friend, lover, wife, mother of my children for the past thirty five years. A lucky girl!.

I retired from being a popo.in both Oregon and California about 10 years ago. Carole just retired after a 35 year public school teaching career. Our kids are early 30s and were very proud of the, both.

I discovered about three years ago, that I had another son, from Spain, his mother was another sailor, she raised Ryan as an only child, and it reflects daily. Spoiled little turd. But he's mine and I feel bad that he want without a father for 33 years. I'm trying to make it right, easier said then done. Nuff said.

We have lived in Klamath Falls Oregon, southern Oregon for 31 years now. On top of the cascad s, awesome place to raise my family, and retire.

We're heavy into Sailing, have four sail boats here on the lake, I race two of them, in the summer months. A San Juan 21 and a Santana 20 are the race boats. And two bigger lake cruisers. We're into whitewater rafting, we have like 9 boats, we enjoy taking our friends along and teaching them the fine art of white water rowing. Oregon's got some great water, as does northern Ca.

We like to 4x4 in our 1979 Toyota Landcruiser, although over the years we don't go as often as we use to, after all these years, were realizing the damage done to the forests, by our rigs, well more so by young bucks out mudding, and trashing our forests.

We're fisherman, love fly fishing the smaller riv RS and creeks on Southern Oregon. We spend a great amount of time shooting and teaching shooting. I'm an ex sniper, and still enjoy engaging targets are very long distances, the power of a first round hit at over 1000y is very satisfying. We also train with m-4s shotguns and pistols, 20/30 times a year. We're literally concerned citizens, regarding our changing nation.

Music, good music has become my latest passion. I got trashed prior to my retirement, so my worlds changed. Music just makes me happy.

I'm listening to flamingo music as I pen this. Fantastic.

Should any of,you,ever make it to Klamath Falls Or,were in the book, give us a call he happy to show you the area, and Crater Lake is about 30/40 miles from here.

If you,have never been to crater lake, you owe it to yourself, your family, to do so, the place is magic, a gift to We The People.

Have a great day.

Dirk and Carole Williams

Dam, my notebooks ten years old, I proof read, and post, things change, before my post arrives. Forgive my sloppiness. I'm not a computer guy, don't want to be. Yes I wasn't talking about the punk bird!

thank,you all for the kind greetings.

Dirk

Hi Dirk and Carole and welcome to AK! Amazing and endearing stories you shared:) Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom