Out with the old...in with the new

I will have pics in about 6 weeks. I am in the final stages of completing a 21'x19' dedicated audio room (that will also have a motorized drop down 110" screen and projector). It is not a theater, but an audio room that happens to have a good video set up (priorities!!).

Pictures...as promised...

Still have a few loose ends to tie up, but should be done in about 2 weeks or so--this was my garage--it was converted over the last 6 months to what you see here. All the lights, shades, and A/V (new Sony 285ES projector comes next week!) is controlled by a Control4 system.

There will be a vintage system on the opposite wall as soon as I get a clear coat on the maple racks I had made.

The fuse panel will be covered with artwork, as will the walls (gotta get to it soon).the motorized blackout shades on the windows are awaiting a rail system (to achieve total blackout)--should be in next week.

sr4gNgy.jpg

0aB0DCk.jpg

OMpuBDj.jpg

Fghl1wc.jpg

1G1KjgT.jpg
kW49xnX.jpg

Cheers!

Still have a few loose ends to tie up, but should be done in about 2 weeks or so--this was my garage--it was converted over the last 6 months to what you see here. All the lights, shades, and A/V (new Sony 285ES projector comes next week!) is controlled by a Control4 system.

There will be a vintage system on the opposite wall as soon as I get a clear coat on the maple racks I had made.

The fuse panel will be covered with artwork, as will the walls (gotta get to it soon).the motorized blackout shades on the windows are awaiting a rail system (to achieve total blackout)--should be in next week.

sr4gNgy.jpg

0aB0DCk.jpg

OMpuBDj.jpg

Fghl1wc.jpg

1G1KjgT.jpg
kW49xnX.jpg

Cheers!

:bowdown::trebon:

Very nice, I really like the wall cabinet....oh and of course all those BLUE METERS......we love the BLUE METERS!!

I see you also can Jam out on your bass as well, nice.....

What a gorgeous, tastefully designed listening room! A dream space for many and you've achieved it!
Now, we need a video of the system in action and posted in the video thread! Most of us will never get to hear a system like this unless it's at an audio show!
Congrats!

Truly enjoyable to look at.

I would guess it sounds amazing.

You have put a lot of time and thought into the system and the room. Enjoy the fruits.

Very nice, I really like the wall cabinet....oh and of course all those BLUE METERS......we love the BLUE METERS!!

I see you also can Jam out on your bass as well, nice.....

Kev--I see that you have MEN220 experience...I may be asking you some questions in the near future as I am contemplating one. I would like to try one in the system before pulling the trigger on one though.

I can easily understand the upgrading of the tube and digital pre-amps. But doesn't a 501 have more current capability that a 601? That would only effect the sound if you had speakers with a very complex impedance curve. As I remember a 501 will put out 700 watts across a 4 ohm load tied to the 8 ohm tap. Thats a healthy amp. I have heard 601's with different Magico, Mac, and Revel speakers. And in each case the speakers sounded better with other Mac amps. That doesn't mean their is anything wrong with a 601 but other Mac amps match up better. One time is was a little 275 at 12 watt levels. Other times was using 2301's at the same levels. Once or twice it was a 1.2k at 6o watt levels out performing a 601. I have never heard a 601 win my little tests, but that doesn't take away from it, its just in specific cases other amps interface with a particular speaker to give me a better result. I am not a tube fan, so for me to say a 2301 and a lowly 275 sound better than a 601 is really a challenge for me. It was't the highs or the very lows but the area from about 150 to 5oo hz where the tube units provided a more natural reproduction.

Cheers!

When I grow up, I want to be like you! :bowdown::rockon:

Back
Top Bottom