Packing Altec 416-8C drivers

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Here is a quick how to pack drivers to withstand UPS/FedEx/DHL etc...

I started by bolting the driver to a 1/2" piece of plywood and placed in the correct size box.

altec1a.jpg

I place some soft foam over the driver to keep it from rubbing during shipping.

altec2a.jpg

Now I take a bigger box and line the bottom with 1" high density foam. Then place corner blocks in place.

altec4a.jpg

That's real nice but why the heck would you let those out of your sight??:scratch2: :no: :nono: :tears:

That is excellent packing. I packed a pair of 10 inch drivers for interstate a few days ago, were probably packed about 70-80% as good as yours and the guy complemented MY packing skills.

The problem I found with packing these particular drivers was that the rubber surrounds had been replaced previously and they sat above the rim of the driver. This made it difficult to securely protect the driver cone, without compressing the surround.

dgwojo said:
That's real nice but why the heck would you let those out of your sight??:scratch2: :no: :nono: :tears:
I wish I could always keep everything that has passed through my doors, but I have way to much stuff that I'm not using. So these will have a good home on the west coast and I'll have some more room and a few coins in my pocket.

WhiteSE said:
where do you find them corner protectors?
I get these from packages sent to my work. Although they are available from my local corragator (box maker).

I shipped a pair of Altec 604's a couple of years ago and packed them similarly....Difference I basically built plywood box around each driver before putting in first box.

Not only they arrived safe and sound :banana: the buyer marveled at my packing!

By the time I was done it was a 24"x24"x24" box that weighed :jawdrop:
75 pounds!! :jawdrop:

Just my 2dB input :banana:

And the winner of the most outstanding packing job of the year goes to...Wardsweb!!! :banana:

I wish every item that was shipped was shipped even halfway like that!

It is beautiful to see!

Back
Top Bottom