Parasound JC5 amp

Mamrak1

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I would like to hear from anyone who has this amplifier. I am close to purchasing one and I wanted to get some feedback on it.

I did see a review on the Audio Bacon website. Someone replied to say he compared the McIntosh MC462 amp to the JC5 and found the Parasound more to his liking.

Either way, it's a beast of an amp, and it looks like John Curl had a much bigger budget to play with over the A21.

The A21 should be getting updated sometime in the near future. Per a Parasound rep updates to both the A21 and A23 are in development, but there are no set release dates or price points yet.

I have read enough about it to know that I would buy it without listening to it. No, I don't have one.

Looks like Parasound has been busy. On top of the JC5, they've updated/improved the heart of their line up. The P5 gets a better dac, volume system among several other items, and gets renamed to the P6. The A21, A23 and Hint all get upgrades with more power and become the A21+, A23+ and Hint 6. Looking good, I want the A23+ for sure.

Edit: All of the updated models are on their website, and internet dealers have the new models' descriptions and specs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom