1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Parts-Express Midwest Audiofest 2018

Discussion in 'Events & Happenings' started by faber12, Jun 4, 2018.

1. faber12

faber12 Super Member

It is that time of the year again, Parts-Express is hosting the Midwest Audiofest:
    www.midwestaudiofest.com

Parts Express
    725 Pleasant Valley Drive
    Springboro, Ohio 45066

Anyone else going? The food is good, and it is a lot of fun.

Super easy to get to as well, as it is just a short distance from I-75.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mattsd

mattsd AK Subscriber Subscriber

Oh yeah, I'll be there with some friends.

faber12 likes this.
  3. faber12

faber12 Super Member

Missed your reply until just now. I will also be there, with at least one friend. I need to get an AK t-shirt so I can be recognized...

4. bravo30

bravo30 Bravo30 Subscriber

I am planning on bringing several nice items to sell...a Marantz 2285B and a 2252B...both near mint and serviced. A variety of speakers, including large Advents, EPI 120C, M&K S-1B, Design Acoustics PS-10 and other pieces limited to the capacity of my SUV and prior sales.

winters860 likes this.
  5. TaddNOhio

TaddNOhio AK Subscriber Subscriber

Wow i wish i could go to this but unfortunately have to work that weekend 12hr shifts. I never knew this even existed till i came across this thread .... maybe next year i can go

6. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

Living in the southeast means I'll never get to go to an audio fest. Here in Florida we have "fraud fest" every day. :)

TaddNOhio likes this.

7. faber12

faber12 Super Member

I am actually not going this year... A recent development. I am visiting an AKer instead though.

8. yesshows77

yesshows77 Well-Known Member

Myself and a local audiophile will be there with a bunch of items. We are sharing a booth with a friend of his from the Akron area. PM me if you want a listing of what is available for us to take to the swap meet.

faber12 likes this.
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier Subscriber

You'll need to make a pilgrimage to Chicago one of these years and meet some of us at AXPONA. :D More audio there than you could shake your power cords at!

10. Fishleehooke

Fishleehooke AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll be there bright and early with a friend or 2. I am looking/ hoping to see some McIntosh, Fisher, JBL, AR, and Sansui stuff. It's be awesome to find some of that, but I don't expect too. See you guys there!

11. centsless

centsless Super Member

Hi....if you are Brad and with Bryan...then yes...I will meet up with you tomorrow...:) I am not bringing a lot as I am hoping to meet someone there with some stuff I want. Drive safe and catch ya tomorrow. This is suppose to be the biggest fest ever!

12. TaddNOhio

Hope someone will post some pictures of the Audiofest here, i am unable to attend this year but would like to go next year .. sounds like a great time

13. yesshows77

Yes, it is I (Brad) and my local audiophile friend Bryan will be there during the morning hours only, as I suspect we will be packing up shortly after 12 noon. Lots of vintage goodies are packed in my van, so looking forward to seeing you and everyone there. I plan on wearing a Yes T-shirt to the event (go figure).

14. winters860

winters860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll be attending, but will not be setting up at the swap meet this year.

15. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

Perhaps! Sounds like a good time.

16. gguillot

gguillot AK Subscriber Subscriber

Damn - I wish I could be there. You guys have fun!!

17. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier Subscriber

I like when I run into friends there--good to catch up. I hang with some of my Chicago pals for a lot of the show also. What I find really interesting is that in many of the rooms, you are able to speak directly with the company owner and/or designers. I think one of my best conversations this year were with Gayle Sanders of Eikon Audio (formerly the co-founder of Martin Logan). And one of our local audio club members had a room with speakers which were just featured in The Absolute Sound's latest issue. Parts Express also has a room or table at the show, and they are always very helpful. I'm sure they put on a great festival as well!

18. TaddNOhio

How was the show guys? Any great deals? Any pics so those of us who have never been can get an idea what it's like

19. yesshows77

Huge turnout today at the audio swap meet. Had a great time meeting several other sellers and the foot traffic of potential buyers was incredible. Unfortunately, we (Bryan and I) did not make a bunch of sales, but I still enjoyed seeing buyers looking over our gear and asking us questions. The heat was intense, so we stayed until about 1 pm then packed it up for the drive back to Indy.

Fishleehooke, Wildcat and TaddNOhio like this.
  20. centsless

centsless Super Member

Thank God for the canopy right Brad?..whew...94 there. Couple of pics of our stuff...but some was sold as soon as we unloaded it. 20180714_085031.jpg 20180714_085019.jpg

ra.ra and TaddNOhio like this.