Parts stuck between Russia and US... What's a reasonable expectation?

asilker

I guess I'm looking for a little reassurance here...

Ordered a plinth from Russia on October 17th, and my package went out through Russia's customs check on October 24th. It's been a month of no movement on this package.

I realize that the seller has zero control over the inner workings of the mail service. What's a fair time frame to wait before I begin making a fuss?

Am I still within a typical time frame for heavy international packages?

Wowee zowee that's a long time to just sit. I've ordered scores of items from China, and my things have never say like this before.

Anybody else have experience with Russia?

I've had tubes, and LPS shipped to me, from Russia, but those have been 'low value' packages that didn't attract attention from Customs officials, on either side. A plinth might be large enough, and expensive enough that it is undergoing scrutiny, and valuation.

I think we really take for granted how well the mail system works in the US/Canada, and, by extension, Europe. I tried to send some records from an online seller, to a person in Chile. It took a year, and two replacement shipments, before the LPs actually got to the consignee. On the plus side, the CSR refunded every penny of my cost, and assisted with expediting the shipment. Still, it was a nightmare.

From my perspective, I don't think this has exceeded the limits of normal expectations for something from Russia. Others might have had more favourable experiences, but I would consider those anecdotal exceptions to be outliers.

I had a package show up out of the bleu, way after the ukranian seller had refunded me....

Class of service makes a difference, for sure when shipping to buyers outside the US but can apply to items shipped TO the US. I'm never surprised if small 1st class packages shipped overseas from here take an oddly long time to arrive, don't update tracking in transit, or every once in awhile completely disappear. Some countries have equally poor delivery performance on entry-level shipping means. Spend more to have it shipped via a better shipping class and a lot of that can be risk-mitigated.

John

I know things coming in can sit in a US sorting facility for quite a while ever since 911 anything electronic especially metal items likely receive special attention.

Regards Snow

Not sure about how long it takes for shipping for Russia but the norm for China is right around 3 to 4 weeks however I have bought a few things from China that have taken less time. last year I ordered some Granite tools from China on a Sunday afternoon. DHL was dropping them off at my house in Southern California 2 Days Later

Good for you.Ive ordered several items from Russia and Ukraine and 3 weeks seems to be the norm.Now lets talk ebay global shipping program from America to Canada.Im convinced gsp means it goes around the globe before it gets to me.Also ordered a specialty chainsaw chain from Ireland of all places at a cheaper price then anywhere else and 1 week it was here.

I had a package show up out of the bleu, way after the ukranian seller had refunded me....
Same. I think I waited 7 or 8 weeks, seller sent a refund, 2 or 3 weeks later the caps showed up. I contacted the seller and asked for an invoice so I could pay him back.

Back
Top Bottom