PC or Mac?

Never had a laptop last me more than 2 years.

How I wish that were true of the HP and Dells they give us at MegaCorp, lol. I'd be ecstatic to have a new laptop every two years. I'm still plodding along with a 32-bit Win7 laptop, with the locked down tighter than a drum corporate image, sigh, at least four years old. Upgrade to 64-bit Win10 next year, hopefully. Thank goodness they provide me with an iPad with corporate email access (and unlimited 4G ;) )

Still an issue after 40 years of production and the issue is still here. Mac can do windows by dumbing down but windows can't come close to doing Mac. Very funny. Just as it was in 1984.
To me that explains it all.

(From a diehard MAC fan since Jan. 1984.)

Mac can do windows by dumbing down but windows can't come close to doing Mac. Very funny. Just as it was in 1984.

i dont even understand what that means...

looks like windows has an over 75% market share over mac. looks like mac should "do" windows more often

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

one more from apple itself...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/10/11/apple-mac-shipments-slide-13-in-q3-amid-pc-market-slowdown

Last edited:
i dont even understand what that means...

looks like windows has an over 75% market share over mac. looks like mac should "do" windows more often

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

one more from apple itself...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/10/11/apple-mac-shipments-slide-13-in-q3-amid-pc-market-slowdown
They are one company competing against a ton of companies. They would get a lot more government scrutiny if they came anywhere close to 75 percent market share. People make the same argument for Android. Then you look at who makes the profits of individual companies and it isn't close.

The reason for the slide in the last quarter is because everyone and their brother was expecting a new MBP this quarter. Below is a graph that shows how great the pent up demand has been:

Recent-Laptop-Launches-1.jpg

Last edited:
Still an issue after 40 years of production and the issue is still here. Mac can do windows by dumbing down but windows can't come close to doing Mac. Very funny. Just as it was in 1984.

(From a diehard MAC fan since Jan. 1984.)

I went back to the Apple store today with both laptops, Apple checked out my 2011 MacBook Pro (video/system performance) then scrubbed the hard drive, asked what my plans were for the computer "I'll buy it off you"...... "Sorry but my son is getting it". Then they finished tweaking the new laptop to my preferences, I spent over an hour with the tech, he was knowledgeable, professional and didn't cost a dime. Thats what drives me wild about the Windows machines, buy one and your one your own, practically no support.

I use an i7 mini headless for my music server. Audirvana, Splashtop and iPad. Works brilliantly. And no $&%^* drivers to update.

I t looks promising since it's based on LMS and Squeezelite which I am already using. I will check it out, but is it possible to use Daphile as a stand alone server only and have it connect wirelessly to my squeezelite players. I didn't catch it from the website.

Another option:

Affordable AV Receiver (Used) like Pioneers Elite series that network.

I have a Pioneer VSX-44 that I use in 2 chan mode. It can pull up any music from any networked PC in my house.

And with the control app on my phone I dont need to see the PC screen, I just pick music from the phone or tablet or from the TV screen.

Also serves as a internet radio with built in Vtuner and Does Airplay from Apple devices, And has front USB input. And a lot more.

Decent built in Dac.

I have a new found appreciation for what these things can do. Mine sounds good paired with Mirage FRX - 1 speakers.

Very clean setup.

Just thought I'd mention it. Modern AV receivers are great Media hubs.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom