Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

Would you buy Audiokarma Swagger? (hats, T-shirts, mugs etc...)

• Yes

Votes: 80 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 42.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes changing a logo just confuses the crap out of people.

untitled-2_20.png

I see my city getting torn down, for the new and improved, erasing "Dated" structures.

Many years ago, I had the same conversation with one of my neighbors.

"Well Bob," I said, "looks like they're tearing down another perfectly fine cave, and erecting one of those wimpy grass huts."

To OP (nick) I've read this whole strange thread, and I came to this conclusion -

Basically, you don't like our masthead/logo/whatever. You think we should change it. Okay, fine, that's, like....your opinion, man.

No harm no foul.

But then, you somehow think that because many here say leave it be, that somehow we're conservative, and....gasp.....old!

Dude, slow your roll, man. I just turned 46. Wait a bit, it won't seem so old in just a few years.

And for those who somehow tried to imply that our harmless logo is something sinister, I offer a hearty "oh, hogwash!" in my grandmother's late voice.

Sometimes, a symbol means nothing at all. Like others have said, it might be nothing more than a reminder to properly align one's cart.

I haven't read all 11 pages so I wanted know if the OP has shown us his idea of what the masthead should look like.
I don't think the current one is anything special but it doesn't matter to me if it's changed or not

Personally, I like the intro page, as it had a certain class to it, albeit perhaps a Greek twist to it...it might have been the font that drew me in. However, once into the site, I discovered that not only the appearance of the site's first page that was classic in nature, the people within had a certain respect that was lacking in some of the other audio sites that I had visited. This gravitated me to stay with and in AK.

Age often determines how the concept of "conservative" is viewed. Youth then sees it as a need to change, as they want their "stamp" on things, while the generations before have familiar a towards things that they have grown with through time and enjoyed.

Playing the Devil's advocate, being static can also be a negative condition, but the needs for change have to be assessed, and by the look of it by the majority, most feel no need for change at this particular time. This doesn't mean that that it won't change in the future, as "stagnant" is yet another condition that one has to be cognizant of as well when change is needed.

I for one, do appreciate this consideration for change, as it reflects an individual in wanting to make this a better place to be and cares about AK.

4-2-7 pretty well summed things up in his #198 post.

For what it's worth this day, eh?

Q

Last edited:
Some things should never change.
Could not agree more. Labels can be like 'institutions' when it comes to commercial products. Like record labels. And sometimes, I admit to prefer the later designs. But it wouldn't bother me if they had prefer to start-up a subsidiary with a "sibyl" name for the new design. Mind you here I am talking of real designer's logos. Here we're talking about some passionate guys who started this up from scratch with all that they had. That's been upgraded since...

I see the masthead for all of about three seconds after I enter the forum.
My vote is: "Let the owners do whatever they please with it". It affects me not a whit.

Tweakers can’t leave anything alone!

But I vote no on changing the logo.

The big question is "will my stereo sound different if I have the TT on the left or right side of the receiver?"

Honestly I would have to see the offering to decide. I'm not against the current logo, have always wondered why Grumpy doesn't sell merch with it? I could see different logo's working on a shirt, AUDIOKARMA in Metallica letters, members "pet of the month" pics on the back (I nominate mine!), or a famous album cover with the Audiokarma logo added (London Calling with Audio on side and Karma across bottom). Just throwing out some stuff. :smoke:

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill............The logo reflects, I'm sure, a lot of hard work and I see no reason to object to it. If it bothers the OP he should just try to ignore it. For me it's a non issue.

It does not bother me I just think it could be a little more updated. And I agree, the intro has a certain class to it that is hard to replicate. Ive just been on some more modern forums and they have text chats and video chats which I think would be kinda cool for all of us. Im just someone who wants to make the website more appealing to the younger generation. There is surprisingly..a lot of younger kids who are into hifi and unfortunately a lot of them do judge books by their cover.

And Im not trying to be an asshole with people disagreeing with me, I just noted that some people on here seem pretty defensive and very edgy when they express their disagreement, and that some people are better at disagreeing than others. One guy even went as far as to do the "reverse straw man" logical fallacy, by listing all of Grumpys credentials, and listing the lack of my credentials and messages and suggesting that I am arguing or challenging him....even though the guy who said that has less messages than I do.....oh well? (I believe his post in this thread was removed)

Last edited:
The Detroit Tigers "English D" logo has been changed 50 times ... and I personally think it's ready for another one.

s-l300.jpg
tigers-english-sad.jpg

Nope....

But a cool t-shirt with the logo on the front and an animated stack on the back....small at the bottom and huge at the top with a slight lean and musical notes coming from what looks like vintage speakers would be totally rad !!!!!

Last edited:
I'd wear a t-shirt. (If I don't, I may blind people.) But if it says Audiokarma on it... BONUS! It could be designed by a 4 year old. I'd still wear it.

If the logo changes,
what will be the attitude towards my current hat and T-shirt ?
1- wow, you're old
2- wow, you're old school
3- get hip grandpa, that's SO last year
4- they appreciate in value, because they're vintage.

BTW - leave the logo as is !!!

I'm new here. The masthead is not what made sign up here. It's the information and knowledge that pulled me in. I never really took the time to learn about audio equipment. I'm very happy there is a site where people are willing to help with just about everything audio. I wouldn't change a thing about this site. I have put together a small system that even my wife took notice of the sound. Now we sit and enjoy listening to music, something we never really did before. I do believe in change, but not just for the sake of change. It has to be a real improvement, not fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom