Petty died from accidental prescribed drug overdose

Taking the oxycodone, xanax, etc on top of the fentanyl patch was a very bad idea. Probably if he hadn't continued with the pills on top of the patch he'd be fine. I remember Johnny Winter was messed up on pills for years after breaking his hips.

The list of drugs he was on doesn't sound like "standard" medical practice to me. He was almost certain to depress respiration to a life threatening level taking those drugs together. Makes me wonder if there were multiple doctors and pharmacies involved such that the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Very sad.

Lets face it,when you have money you can find a doctor to prescribe drugs. We saw this with Elvis, Michael Jackson, Prince among others. You just keep going from one doctor to another until you find one that will do your bidding.

What a waste. Too many are lost this way. And, to think there are a lot of people that think that drugs should be legalized.

The third leading cause of death in America (after cancer and heart disease) is medical care.

Or the lack of caring...What a waste, Tom had plenty of good music left in him judging by his last record.

Back
Top Bottom