Phil Keaggy - A (not so brief) Discography

In 1974, as I mentioned before, Keaggy enjoyed working with others on their albums. Nancy Honeytree was an up and coming Jesus Music musician, and Keaggy helped her with her album called Evergreen. My favorite song from the album is called Lovely Jesus....Keaggy is playing guitar on it and you know it as soon as he starts playing....

Her voice is quite something. Here's the song and album cover:

honeytree.jpg

Where are you @Ethan25? You're keeping us PK fans in the 'know'! :naughty:

Spinning now,...

View attachment 949900

'Time' is just one of those classic Keaggy tracks. Great choice for a Track 1 Side B.

Yes, Love Broke Thru would be next in line, having come out in 1976. The song the album was named after was written by Keith Green and Randy Stonehill. From what I understand, Phil asked Keith if he could use the song on his album - and Keith lovingly obliged. Keith Green also recorded the song on his album as well as Stonehill. Some softer songs on this one....still pop songs and definitely more of a rock album than What A Day was...but Time has some pick me up. My favorite song on the album is probably Take Me Closer, which really displayed Phil's guitar work. Keaggy would use Time in many of his concerts, expanding on the sound and having long guitar solos to make the song 8-12 minutes at "times".

Here's an excellent example of his song Time....probably watched this a hundred times and so thankful it was made available for viewing on youtube. You need to all watch this.

Back
Top Bottom