Phone Crosstalk Cancellation

weinstro

I posted about this in Bartertown, but alas, no nibbles. So perhaps a different approach is in order.

Many, many years ago I had a Denon PCC-1000 phono crosstalk canceller. I thought it worked pretty well, but it was stolen during a break-in at my apartment.

Browsing e-Bay, surprise, I found another! However, these things are pretty much worthless without the test record that come with it, and my eBay prize doesn't include the test record. Random fact: I also learned while going through HiFi Engine that the PCC circuitry was also included with Denon PMA-501 and PMA-701 integrated amps.

Anyway, the Denon test record is a 45 rpm 7 in. disc that includes two tracks - one for left to right crosstalk and the other for right to left crosstalk. The adjustment procedure is to play the tracks on the record and then fiddle with the knobs until the crosstalk is minimized. You'll never get to zero, but you can improve channel separation for a given turntable/cartridge.

Assuming that I'll never find another Denon ST-105 test record, I'm wondering if anybody could recommend a test record that includes left to right and right to left crosstalk tests? Extra bonus if proposed test LP also includes horizontal and vertical compliance as my turntable is a Revox B-790 and finding a cartridge with the appropriate compliance is a bit of a challenge.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

Assuming that I'll never find another Denon ST-105 test record, I'm wondering if anybody could recommend a test record that includes left to right and right to left crosstalk tests? Extra bonus if proposed test LP also includes horizontal and vertical compliance as my turntable is a Revox B-790 and finding a cartridge with the appropriate compliance is a bit of a challenge.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

There are listing of the record on Discog. :)

I'm registered at Discog and have that record in my "wish list". However, there are none available in the marketplace. Hence the purpose of this post.

Regards,

Rob

I'm registered at Discog and have that record in my "wish list". However, there are none available in the marketplace.

Hence the purpose of this post.

Regards,

Rob

Though I saw five available for sale.

Probably my mistake. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom