Pick in a turntable

The good thing about these tables is the transformer shipping bolts have a storage location under the platter with instructions to reinstall them when the tt is shipped again. All three of the ones I have seen have the bolts in the storage location.

If they have been shipping tts successfully they know the basics, platter under the table, feet screwed all the way in (the threaded part will break off the foot), the counterweight removed and the cartridge protected with the tonearm tied down. There is more but that is where one must start to even hope for a successful shipment.

It is not the shipping companies that are destroying vintage gear it is the ineffective packing being done by folks that don't know how to pack the units.

I rely on my 70s-80s audio store package openings to help me make packing materials work when I ship gear. It takes me a couple hours to cobble together a boxed ready to ship unit with the stuff I have on hand. Has worked so far. I'd be ok with then shipping that table especially with the bay and PP standing behind you.

The good thing about these tables is the transformer shipping bolts have a storage location under the platter with instructions to reinstall them when the tt is shipped again. All three of the ones I have seen have the bolts in the storage location.

If they have been shipping tts successfully they know the basics, platter under the table, feet screwed all the way in (the threaded part will break off the foot), the counterweight removed and the cartridge protected with the tonearm tied down. There is more but that is where one must start to even hope for a successful shipment.

It is not the shipping companies that are destroying vintage gear it is the ineffective packing being done by folks that don't know how to pack the units.

I rely on my 70s-80s audio store package openings to help me make packing materials work when I ship gear. It takes me a couple hours to cobble together a boxed ready to ship unit with the stuff I have on hand. Has worked so far. I'd be ok with then shipping that table especially with the bay and PP standing behind you.

I think a lot of people assume the platter and tone arm weight will stay put when they use a bit of tape to hold them down when in reality it's like having a bowling ball loose inside the box after the first good drop.

I think it is people shouldn't ship turntables unless they know how. broken tonearms from the platter they have never removed even though the instruction manual they lost shows how to put it on from new. And the broken tonearms from having the weight hanging on it in transit. People just don't know and think they are shipping a box with nothing loose in it. fools they are and one reason I don't buy tables from the bay unless I know they know how to pack em.

Sold a Sony PS-X5 to fellow AK member, excellent table, Pickering cartridge also excellent, agree re shipping, it's all up to the seller to package it correctly, I'v shipped a number of tables, preamps, amps and not a scratch, did all the packing myself and it was bullet proof.

Rite on. Well every body has about the same opinion of the table, only down side now is that it is on eBay so I can't really check it out......got to go on trust, they are a 100% rated sales.....well I think I'll get it, thanks every one for your help

Buy local if possible. Old turntables are common, if you start looking locally you can get one cheaper and better, without shipping, ebay fees, and the risk of buying something someone is trying to dump.

So I ended up getting a sony PS-x60 but no cartridge......can some body out there suggest a decent one for around $150 $175 in that range......thanks for all your help

So I ended up getting a sony PS-x60 but no cartridge......can some body out there suggest a decent one for around $150 $175 in that range......thanks for all your help

Excellent choice in picking the Sony PS-X60 turn table. :thumbsup:
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sony/ps-x60.shtml

Look into the Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge as well as
https://www.lpgear.com/product/NAGAOKAMP110.html

Ortofon OM10
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ortofon-OM...502297?hash=item1cba77ded9:g:4fMAAOSwBnZbD-qC
https://www.ortofon.com/om-series-p-550

Rite on thank you Balifly, rite on so happy with the thumbs up on my choice, Gunna go ahead and order me a Nagaoka MP-110cartridge......thank you so much for your help, I'll let you know how it sounds

Back
Top Bottom