Picked up a pair of HPM-60's Today

ukfan4sure!

Expert Smoke Releaser
I was wandering through the local Flea Market and ran across these for $28.

I have them currently on top of my HPM-100's. I removed a pair of Dynaco a25's, at least for the time being.

Any opinions on these lil' brothers?

So far, I'm pretty pleased with them. They have great midrange.

20130213_163844_zps0a6a854f.jpg

I picked up a pair that look new last year, hang tags on the grills and everything. They don't get a ton of love around here from what I've seen, but I love them.

To me, they have forward, clean mids and super clear, shining highs with zero harshness and solid, present bass with no boominess.

I need to get them off the floor though, going out shopping for some 10-12" stands tonight.

I would take the 60s over the 100s. Still looking for a pair. :)

My understanding is that the 60s have a different crossover point for the woofer and mid.

I've had a pair in the rock room for a few years and like them a lot. Mine don't have grill covers, but maybe someday I'll find a set.

I would take the 60s over the 100s. Still looking for a pair. :)

Wow. That's quite an endorsement. I am still trying to determine whether I like these or the Dynacos. The a25's sound very, very good considering they are just a two-way. And they have beautiful walnut cabinets, something that pioneer scrimped on with the HPM little guys.

I do believe the 60's mid range is much clearer and precise, though. I would have been a fool to pass these by for the asking price.

Wow. That's quite an endorsement. I am still trying to determine whether I like these or the Dynacos. The a25's sound very, very good considering they are just a two-way. And they have beautiful walnut cabinets, something that pioneer scrimped on with the HPM little guys.

I do believe the 60's mid range is much clearer and precise, though. I would have been a fool to pass these by for the asking price.

The mids being better is probably due to the crossover differences.

Are the 60s cabs not real wood veneer? :scratch2:

Shame if not.

I was wandering through the local Flea Market and ran across these for $28.

I have them currently on top of my HPM-100's. I removed a pair of Dynaco a25's, at least for the time being.

Any opinions on these lil' brothers?

So far, I'm pretty pleased with them. They have great midrange.

20130213_163844_zps0a6a854f.jpg

Rebuild the crossovers!

Back
Top Bottom