Pics of amps with BIG honkin' VU Meters

McIntosh MC2KW

XL_MC2KW_Output_Module_Front_Top.jpg

I saw that at AXPONA, powering the panel of a new Martin Logan model (Renaissance 15a).

Personally I think it's distracting. It's so large, it's garish. But, what do I know? I like the more elegant looking meters in many of the others shown earlier.

Another Luxy - M02 140w @8 bridge capable to 300w mono. not most impressive supply for rated output but it looks like it should dish out some pretty decent current and have good stability. What do they mean by dual beta though? Is that there little name for dual mono design because the larger 05 is true dual mono class A.

Attachments

• luxman-m02-power-amplifier.jpg
    luxman-m02-power-amplifier.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 55
  • luxman-m02-power-amplifier1.jpg
    luxman-m02-power-amplifier1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 55
Spent a lil time looking over those Onkyo amps.... to me the 504 looks better than the 506 and 508, more interesting is that the 504 seems to have the same main pcb as the 508.
It was a toss up between the 504 and 508 for, whichever one came along in right condition/price I was going to buy.....just happened to be the 504:).....they are gorgeous amps.....Still think the Onkyo M 510 is the best looking amp ever built!

Yes... and it has the best output stage of the series to boot.... if I found a M504, I'd up it from A1492/C3856 to A1494/C3858

It was a toss up between the 504 and 508 for, whichever one came along in right condition/price I was going to buy.....just happened to be the 504:).....they are gorgeous amps.....Still think the Onkyo M 510 is the best looking amp ever built!

Love the look of those Onkyos. I'm wondering if your gear has enough room to breathe in that setup? Will it overheat?

Also is that a PrimaLuna tube amp on your other shelf?

Love the look of those Onkyos. I'm wondering if your gear has enough room to breathe in that setup? Will it overheat?

Also is that a PrimaLuna tube amp on your other shelf?
Hi matteos..... That was my concern with the power amp intially, but the rack is open on all four sides and theres plenty of airflow and feels normal temperature wise. The PrimaLuna isn't mine, they are pics found on the net showing peoples racks made from ikea lack tables....nice gear though!

Back
Top Bottom