Pics of amps with BIG honkin' VU Meters

Figured I'd post a couple of "newer" pics since my first post in this thread. Back then (in Feb 2017), I had just received my first modded Carver M-500t MkII. Just a couple short months after that post, I received another matching M-500t MkII. I Was running them vertically bi-amped to a pair of Martin Logan SL3's that I removed the passive crossovers from and ran actively. That's roughly 420 watts x 4. Now I'm running them bridged mono for somewhere north of 800 watts each... Into a pair of rebuilt Genesis Physics II's rated to handle only 100 watts! :whip::crazy: :beerchug:

Nothing like loads and loads of ultra clean and effortless headroom...
p2594068359-5.jpg

p2713875474-5.jpg

Figured I'd post a couple of "newer" pics since my first post in this thread.

Nice setup! Heat dissipation might be a problem with those components so close together ;) and you forgot the blue LED during your BillD mod on the C-1. I haven't run any tests, but the higher frequency wavelength on the red LED might.... and the joke runs out of steam.

REALLY nice job on that setup, @cube-tube !

Nice setup! Heat dissipation might be a problem with those components so close together ;) and you forgot the blue LED during your BillD mod on the C-1. I haven't run any tests, but the higher frequency wavelength on the red LED might.... and the joke runs out of steam.

REALLY nice job on that setup, @cube-tube !

Thanks dlucy!

The BillD C-1 actually had a blue LED when I first got it, but when I sent it back for a few needed tweaks, I asked for the original red LED. I just can't get into this massive blue LED fad everyone is coming out with these days, and it certainly doesn't look right on vintage gear. But that's just me.

And how's this for heat dissipation? LOL! Just moved back into the apartment.

p2717595222-5.jpg

What are the two white slabs under either side of your turntable?

Those are two 1.5" thick slabs of white quartz that I had cut, chamfered and highly polished. They weight roughly 20 lbs each and were originally used for bases for the Sonus Faber Venere 1.5's I used to have. It makes for some good mass loading for the turntable plus it raises it so I can have my Roku under the TT.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....-listening-space.130581/page-794#post-9240909

If you go to Ireland. try and do two things.. first the Guinness brewery in Dublin. you will never drink a better pint of Guinness. I'm salivating thinking about it. second.. try and make it to Galway and if you can.. the aran island. if you go to Scotland.. a tour of the whisky distillerys is in order. have fun. sorry for my thread crap.
Finally made it to Ireland and Scotland in May. Pints of Guinness in several wonderful pubs in several locations were brilliant. And as you said, very nice people everywhere we went throughout the British Isles. Paris too.

Are those big screen TVs?

No, just the adjacent living room`s HT tri-amplified speaker system bass cabinet`s (2) ~175lb ea. Mc. MC 1201 mono-block power amps taking care of 80 Hertz on down that are residing in my sunroom`s power amp rack.

The other 5 amplifiers (4 mono configured MC 275LEs. & 1 MC 60 for center channel) for that system are a mixture of vintage and modern Mc. tube amps with no meters ("honkin` or otherwise)

With the sunroom`s Mc. MC 2205 that powers the sunroom`s twin powered subwoofer assisted DQ 10 speakers sitting on top of them.
I never see the sunroom`s 1201`s amps or meters when operating the living room`s system, as that eye candy aspect has never been important for me to the purchase and use of them.

Back
Top Bottom