Pics of your listening space

Here is my little room, a monstrous 10' x 10' den. The lack of size makes it hard to get far enough away from the speakers. It is a two system room. The Kenwood on the entertainment center feed a 3 pairs of KLH 900b speakers. One pair in the den, one pair in the bathroom and one pair in the livingroom. It would be considered my main house system. On the other side is my work table where I will use whatever receiver is in rotation at the moment. Right now it is my Toshiba SA-620 feeding a pair of JBL LX-600s stacked with a pair of DCM Timeframe 600s. OMG what a combo that is, the JBLs act as a subwoofer and the combination is as sweet as any setup I have ever had. It is a small space but it is all mine finally.

Den3.jpg

Den2.jpg

Den1.jpg

Very cool thread Matel. I think it really gives insight from some of the very tasteful to the ordinary. And so far it's been "All Audio, No Attitude". :thmbsp:

I agree. I am basically visually oriented...I see my music. It's a joy to see all these spaces.
Great to see Daves system, how bout some more over 10,000 posters admins mods.....

OK.. I'll play....

attachment.php

What you can't see is the complete Technics system sitting behind the stack to the left.. and the two turn tables sitting behind the sewing machine...

Attachments

• DSC_0482.jpg
    DSC_0482.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11,674
You're wife is FAR more understanding than mine..:yes:

I have to completely agree with that.... I do have one hell of a special lady :thmbsp:

I'm searching for a pair of A7's and she has no problem with them sitting in here instead of what I have now.. I must say I'm one of the luckiest guys I know. :music:

TheWB ....I see the world is good to grunts wow

Matel,
I am a grunt, it's not what you make, but what you do with what you make.
I've been unemployed twice in my life for good stretches of time, and have managed to do okay.

Almost every piece of equipment was bought used or was a demo piece.
It took me over a year to aquire all the gear, and another year to put the room together. I did everything including paint, lighting,and putting in the bar.
It cost a lot less than what you might think. You can get some pretty good deals on Ebay and Audigon if your patient. I'm a 2 channel guy, but the room was a much easier sell to the wife as a home theater. I'd say 90% of the time it's used for 2 channel listening.

The Shrine of the Vintage Pioneer (or the alcove under our stairs).

First photo is the Turntable area it's on the left side of the rack.

newTTbase003web.jpg

Close up of the Turntable at night

TTnightshot006web.jpg

This is the front view in the lower right corner is the right speaker and yes it blocks the opening into the shrine.

Shrinenightshotweb.jpg

This is a general view of the living room from the sweet spot (OK I'm standing on the couch to get as much of the shrine as possible behind the right speaker) The left speaker sits on a platform on the bottom step. The speakers are now on very a nice Oak stand and matching platform. And the areas on both sides of the main rack as well as some of the molding around the main rack has been changed. I need to snap some newer photo's But I have a couple of gear upgrades to do in the main rack this winter and will wait for the new photo's.

sweetspot007.jpg

And here is a link if you can view it is a video of what the Shrine looks like all lit up and showing off.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/UJ78/The%20Shrine/?action=view&current=9a23d61e.flv

Yea I'm a visual kind of guy. And since someone is bound to ask yes that is a RED Laser dancing across the face of all that Silver Pioneer gear. I have a number of different lighting effects that will be added this winter including a couple more Lava type lamps and some LED lights that will throw rays of multicolored light across the face of the speakers. I also have a couple more sound activated lights to add into the rack. I want to add a Green Laser but they are a little spending and without fog (The fog smoke stuff would leave a residue on my gear) less then I would like for the money.

Yea I'm a visual kind of guy. And since someone is bound to ask yes that is a RED Laser dancing across the face of all that Silver Pioneer gear. I have a number of different lighting effects that will be added this winter including a couple more Lava type lamps and some LED lights that will throw rays of multicolored light across the face of the speakers. I also have a couple more sound activated lights to add into the rack. I want to add a Green Laser but they are a little spending and without fog (The fog smoke stuff would leave a residue on my gear) less then I would like for the money.

I am SO glad to see I'm not the only person with freaky ideas.. I told my wife I'd like to build a lighting truss to go across the wall above the system, and mount on things like strobes, maybe a robotic light or two, and some lasers.. Then I mentioned they wouldn't be so great without fog, but then I don't want that oily residue all over everything.... so the effects wouldn't be as good...

but I am still entertaining the idea.. :D

Mark- nice choice of vinyl sitting on top of the speaker to compliment the beautiful work you have done with that difficult space. I expect Kashmir was playing at the time?:music:

Thanks Guys come this spring after a couple months off to finish the wifes HONEY DO list I'm going to pull the EQ change the CDP to a DVD do everything Cambridge audio 540D and add a DBx 400 Program selector. The small side rack will also have a couple things changed including the addition of a Cassette deck, And a second drawer unit (the unit on top of the side rack is actually a drawer for TT stuff) And some of it's own lighting.

The area to the right of the main rack is going to get a whole new rack of it's own that will be a system based around my H.H.Scott 233 tube amp. Above this new tube system rack is where I plan on putting a Pioneer RT-707 R2R deck.

The office holds a second system laid out on the top of my weird Desk.

Officesystem003.jpg

Also in the Office is my music Library of about 2000 LP's and 250 Cassettes the CD are being stored mostly in the living room I am going to build a shelf for them hopefully on the side of the TV center (but it's not looking like the Mayors office is going to issue a permit so I might have to get sneaky)

I'm also working on a dedicated workspace for my Record Cleaning Machine right near my record collection shelves.

My system, currently crammed into my bedroom. I am renting part of my house out, so it stays safe in here for now.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,223
Mark looking at your pics makes me want to fire one up ( haven't in years)
Jhal what are you running there?

Mark looking at your pics makes me want to fire one up ( haven't in years)
Jhal what are you running there?

System is: B&W DM2 MK2 speakers on factory stands
Kenwood KA-801 integrated amp
ADC Soundshaper 2 MK 2 EQ
Technics SL-1200 turntable
Kenwood KT-6500 tuner
Technics SL-P370 cd player
Panasonic DVD-RP56 DVD player
Denon DRR-780 horz. load cassette deck
Direct TV DVR/receiver
JVC HR-S6600U VCR
TIVO that I don't use since getting DVR
Source selector to plug everything into.

Here's better pictures, trying to get silver and black components to photograph well in this bright room is a bitch.

Attachments

• IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,559
Back
Top Bottom