Pics of your listening space

This thread is great but shows 2 THINGS: Lots of people have great great taste and asthetics...and lots of people don't and create not so great spaces.
I'm a non-judgemental sorta guy so I dont necessarily look at these pics that way @ all.

Oftentimes aesthetics are purely a luxury. In other words they're nice to have if one can afford/want such,but they're not an absolute requirement.
Still it stands to reason that for some folks form HAS to follow function,thus aesthetics are inevitably gonna take a backseat to more practical wants/needs.
And even if one can afford them and does'nt really care one way -or- the other about aesthetics,that's their business,not mine.

Aesthetics like most things audio related is entirely subjective.

A space is a space,sometimes a person gets to do exactly what they want to do with the given space,and it looks really nice to most everyone else as well.
And in other cases there are limitations (which often we we're not privy to) so all that person can do is try their best & enjoy it all the same.

JM2¢

Bret P.

I just moved to this particular spot in the house. It was a kids playroom, so there are still a few things that need to go. The system is super modest, but serves the purpose. I don't sit much in there, but when I do, I have some old Knoll chairs and a small table from Japan that is nearing a century old now. The rug is very ugly, but also serves the purpose.

Hey deepsouth,

Very nice space!
What are those record shelves? I'm needing to organize a bit.

i see you're located in biloxi. i grew up in the delta just north of greenville and had a good friend at college from bay st louis. really enjoyed going down and buying oysters off the boat down your way.

Ok, so we have been at our new house for about 8 months (not counting 3 months of remodeling before move in).
This place has a 13+17 bonus room attached to back of garage that will be movie, listening, darts etc room. Mind you I'm just starting and room was-is full of crap.

Attachments

• IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 117
Here's a few pics of my bedroom/listening room. Sorry if you can't see the whole room, the pictures were originally intended to be merged with other photos I took to make a panorama, but since Lightroom was acting up, that won't be able to happen.

36271513362_8bd9f6d2d4_k.jpg

36439870765_92a062aaad_k.jpg

Also, don't worry about the Polks being placed on the same surface as the turntable. That is more of a temporary solution, and besides, they don't really play anything below 80hz anyways (sub takes care of anything below that).

A few changes as I transition to a smaller room.

Speakers: Intuitive Design Gamma Summit
Preamp: Custom CCDA octal based on a pair of 12sn7's
Amp: Jeff Rowland Model 112
DAC: Teac UD501
Phono pre: Schiit Mani
TT: Modded Rega P2 (not yet integrated)
Digital connectivity: Chromecast Audio
Interconnects: Discovery +4
Power cables: Pangea AC-9
Speaker cables: DIY

I'm very pleased with this setup so far. Huge soundstage, spooky imaging, and very resolving. This is one of the few systems I've heard that, because of its ability to resolve every fine detail, I would consider both analytical and highly musical. It has great rhythm and synergy.

Current 2ch Setup by Audio Database, on Flickr

Intuitive Design Gamma Summit Speakers by Audio Database, on Flickr

Untitled by Audio Database, on Flickr

Custom CCDA Octal Preamp by Audio Database, on Flickr

Jeff Rowland Model 112 by Audio Database, on Flickr

A few changes as I transition to a smaller room.

Speakers: Intuitive Design Gamma Summit
Preamp: Custom CCDA octal based on a pair of 12sn7's
Amp: Jeff Rowland Model 112
DAC: Teac UD501
Phono pre: Schiit Mani
TT: Modded Rega P2 (not yet integrated)
Digital connectivity: Chromecast Audio
Interconnects: Discovery +4
Power cables: Pangea AC-9
Speaker cables: DIY

I'm very pleased with this setup so far. Huge soundstage, spooky imaging, and very resolving. This is one of the few systems I've heard that, because of its ability to resolve every fine detail, I would consider both analytical and highly musical. It has great rhythm and synergy.

Current 2ch Setup by Audio Database, on Flickr

Intuitive Design Gamma Summit Speakers by Audio Database, on Flickr

Untitled by Audio Database, on Flickr

Custom CCDA Octal Preamp by Audio Database, on Flickr

Jeff Rowland Model 112 by Audio Database, on Flickr

Wow, I like everything I see in those photos. I only wish I could hear it, too.

Please tell us more about that beautiful rack that houses your gear. Is that DIY?

Here are some pics of my nearfield listening space.
While the speakers on the shelf are fine, you're experiencing diffraction effects with those on the floor situated behind the cabinet. Pull them forward!

Nice H-K receiver. Used to sell those when I worked in college.

Is the equalizer in circuit with those settings?

Back
Top Bottom