Pics of your listening space

View attachment 985986 View attachment 985987 Seventeen Thousand Replies. Heilige Scheiße. Ok--my listening room doubles as a mixing/mastering studio. The audio systems for each are separate but connected so the various components all talk to each other. Some very low tech and very high tech methods are in use, but I am totally suspicious of audio streaming, so while it's all over my house, I never use it. Cables or death.

Two photos--the mixing desk and the temporary TT/amp shelves. I have a new media cabinet, sofa, chair, etc. coming at the end of September from joybird.com

The red panels are called Sonosude Pro Panels from Aualex. There are 9 of the 2' x 4' panels around the approx. 200 sq/ft room. They consist of a sandwich of fiberglass, different fabrics, and other sound absorbing materials. Very lightweight and easy to mount. The difference is astonishing--probably a better upgrade than a new cartridge, DAC, or phono stage. $1200 for the set plus $250 shipping since they have to be crated and palleted.

I also have a new 43" Sony 4K flat panel along one of the walls. It's brand new, one of their lower end models that Best Buy sells for $550. I still have my 65" Panasonic Viera Plasma in my home theater room. The 4K is nice, but there's magic in those Panasonic Plasmas!

Super clean setup - love it

I like that , I've thought of trying a wall treatment with some 2x6's to see if I can replicate the feel of an old ship inside.
I like your setup.

Thanks! The only problem that I've found with the rough-cut lumber is that it's hard to wipe down. I've got plain drop ceiling and it sounds pretty well with the wood.

Thanks! The only problem that I've found with the rough-cut lumber is that it's hard to wipe down. I've got plain drop ceiling and it sounds pretty well with the wood.
I went and saw some of those old tall ships and just love the look they have below decks, I was wondering how the sound would be with all the wood.
Were did you get your wood?

I went and saw some of those old tall ships and just love the look they have below decks, I was wondering how the sound would be with all the wood.
Were did you get your wood?

It sounds nice to my ears, but everyone is different. I bought my lumber at a small mill. If you have one nearby, small mills will probably have a few different sizes, or would mill just about any size you want. The one I bought from does a lot of custom orders. Just make sure it has either been kiln dried or sun dried for a few months. If not, the wood might twist, bow, or shrink as it dries out.

Living room - since I rent there are limitations. The two channel shares with the 5.1 set up, currently trying the Boston T830s with the Luxman L215 / Rotel RCD 855 combination.

7jh1MZU.jpg

WmOlBX5.jpg

Man. Hammered fenders. Steel frames. Brooks saddles. Oh. And the stereo gear is great too. Nice room. Nice bikes. Good stuff.

Cheers!

- Woody

Living room - since I rent there are limitations. The two channel shares with the 5.1 set up, currently trying the Boston T830s with the Luxman L215 / Rotel RCD 855 combination.

7jh1MZU.jpg

WmOlBX5.jpg

Great to know some of you appreciate vintage steel bikes - mind you the blue one is the only bike I have that is modern, it is a 2013 Rawland Stag, designed as a low trail 650b rando bike with the 42mm Hetre tire in mind, which I am using.Fendres are Honjos. The chrome bike on the stand is a late '60's Garlatti that has been re purposed, the only original item is the head set. Wheels are 700C with Soma New Xpress 35mm tires, T.A. triple crank set, Ideale Model 80 saddle, some V.O. bits such as the fenders and a pair of Carradice bags.

I do have a Brooks on the Rawland ( B 17 Special ) and another Brooks on a 1981 Fuji S12 S that is also setup as a 659b rando bike which worked out quite nicely and is a lot of fun to ride. Other bikes are a early '60's P.Peschi ( French road bike ), 1985 Apollo./ Kuwahara Sierra Grande, 1985 Norco Sasquatch and a 2000 Gary Fisher Marlin. The Fisher and Kuwahara were given to me and since I like older vintage mountain bikes I built up the Norco for 30.00 all told and is used as a casual rider when taking it easy.

I would love to have Jeff Lyons out of Oregon build a custom Rando 650b frame but alas one is looking at probably North of 2000.00 but who knows, maybe one day I will sell off most of the bikes and keep one and spring for a custom. A relative bargain for Jeff's frames compared to say a MAP frame.

Sorry to get off topic!

Back
Top Bottom